Vince Gill vs Westboro: He Wins

Westboro Baptist Church, aka the Frothin’ Phelpses, decided to protest a Vince Gill concert in Kansas City because he’s (OMG!) divorced and remarried. But the Grammy-award winning singer took matters into his own hands by going up to the protestors because he wanted

to see what hate looked like.

Gill is married to Christian/pop singer Amy Grant. He told the WBC protestors that they were lucky their signs didn’t say anything about his wife, and pointed out that they were pretty far from Jesus’ teachings before asking if they were Phelpses or

like the C team.

7 Responses to "Vince Gill vs Westboro: He Wins"
DSWright | Tuesday September 10, 2013 12:03 pm 1

God Hates Re-Marriage

marymccurnin | Tuesday September 10, 2013 12:19 pm 2

Are you guys like the “C” team!?

hahaha!

onitgoes | Tuesday September 10, 2013 02:50 pm 3

Kudos to Vince Gill (and hilarious)!

Does these Westboro knuckle-draggers need to get a life or what?

If only they did something useful, like help people in need, feed the hungry, etc. Guess that’s just too Hippy Jesus-y for them.

newcarguy | Tuesday September 10, 2013 03:08 pm 4
In response to onitgoes @ 3

Agreed. I’m not a C/W fan. But I AM a Vince Gill fan……now.

dogjudge | Tuesday September 10, 2013 03:45 pm 5

Can’t remember the group, but someone posted on line a list of the members of Westboro Baptist. I think they posted their addresses and phone numbers, but I’m not certain of that.

What I am certain of.

The vast majority of the church are members of ONE family, the Phelps. The group that posted the information also posted what the occupation of the members was. I’ve never seen any group that had so many lawyers.

If this “church” isn’t a prime example of why churches in general shouldn’t lose their tax exempt status, I don’t know what is.

potsdam602 | Tuesday September 10, 2013 05:15 pm 6

Good for Vince Gill. I can imagine him singing in his sweet voice a song called, What Hate Looked Like. Am also not usually a CW listener, but have been listening to Vince’s Christmas CD this week to change things up a bit and more happily beat the heat in the Great Lakes area. People giving me my iced tea at the
drive-throughs seem to like the music.

spanishinquisition | Tuesday September 10, 2013 05:50 pm 7
In response to dogjudge @ 5

I’ve seen the documentaries by Louis Theroux on them and it’s actually very sad. The whole family is controlled by Phelps. Growing up the children have to be behind what’s going on 100% or they lose their family and become an unperson. It’s complete emotional blackmail and brainwashing by Fred Phelps which him I’m again, but the Phelpses I more see as victims. Watching the documentaries I think they are a legit church legally speaking, but morally the head of church is beyond despecable.