Denver Nuggets Player: “I Have Two Moms”

I am not a sports fan, so during major playoffs I give a heartfelt “Rah! Go team!”  for the team with the coolest name or colors, or that has the most socially awesome players.  So expect me to be to saying several prayers to Eleggua and Oshun on behalf of the Denver Nuggets because their star player Kenneth Faried has stated very clearly that he supports LGBTQ rights in this video, saying:

Nobody can ever tell me I can’t have two mothers because I really do.

6 Responses to "Denver Nuggets Player: “I Have Two Moms”"
dakine01 | Friday January 25, 2013 12:06 pm 1

I forget where I had seen this information before but I know I was aware of it (I do tend to pay a little attention to athletes who lay at Kentucky colleges)

Kenneth Faried is one of those athletes that just makes a person feel good about him and how he has worked and lived his life.

Teddy Partridge | Friday January 25, 2013 12:06 pm 2

So confusing! Supporting civil unions so people can get married? What?

Another reason why the intermediate civil union step shouldn’t be a cul-de-sac but is, as stated by our opposition, a path on the road to full Marriage Equality under civil law.

But, yay! Happy to see anyone in professional sports be so forthcoming given the clear risks of doing so. What a wonderful young man. And his super Moms!

masaccio | Friday January 25, 2013 12:47 pm 3

It makes me happy to see a loving family produce such a fabulous son.

Teddy Partridge | Friday January 25, 2013 12:57 pm 4
In response to masaccio @ 3

And be Out and Proud about it!

pokums | Friday January 25, 2013 09:20 pm 5

As a nuggies fan, I love Faried already, and as a fan of loving, open inclusiveness, I love him even more now. He’s got the happiest/coolest demeanor for a tough guy I’ve ever seen.

wynota skunk | Friday January 25, 2013 09:43 pm 6

There are and is a real difference in the fans, owners and mgmt. of sports teams. The San Francisco Giants in baseball, for instance. The real deal with their local community and the state of California. The Green Bay Packers in football, too, because of their inspired ownership rules. As a person who has had a couple of family members in pro sports and a prize fighter, to boot, I can say gifted athletes come from all circumstances and backgrounds. And, so do their politics. They are the real, and only, 1%ers who should be looked at twice. ( I still think they get paid too much, too. ) Some are jerks, to be sure, but some are amazing in their humanity. This guy is a cool dude and so is his family. Keep on, hoopin’ on, Faried.