Late Night: Romney’s Rafalca Folds, But Could Spawn a Hot ‘n’ Sexy Industry

Mitt Romney’s (wife’s) dancing horsey Rafalca flubbed her Olympic performance, but hay hey the old gal could still be a money maker for Rmoney–and not by being retired to the glue factory or turned into a breed mare. How about a whole line of Rafalca latex wear for seksy time?! Pony play is big in the fetish community, here’s a way for Mitt to create jobs by creating the Rafalca line of latex and leather goods–and improve couples’ (straight, married only ’cause that’s how Mitt rides) love lives!

The window exhibit at our local Silver Lake BDSM boutique Stockroom features what to me is definitely a Rafalca-inspired installation. They also stock a complete line of pony play items, including harnesses, bits, latex hooves, horse hair tails (use your imagination for how those are held in place) as well as machines which simulate bareback riding. ‘Nuff said, and NSFW.

Speaking of horseback riding, maybe Mitt could figure out a way to import these awesome exercise devices to the U.S. of A (or better yet, have them manufactured here!), and then put Ann and Rafalca’s horse team in a very tasteful infomercial for a horseback riding exercise device, explaining how fun and good for the thighs, back and core muscles horseback riding is. Kinda like Cindy Crawford advertising Relentless Beauty or whatever that French face goo from melons is called.

photo 1: Cindy Schwarzstein

photo 2: Lisa Derrick

57 Responses to "Late Night: Romney’s Rafalca Folds, But Could Spawn a Hot ‘n’ Sexy Industry"
Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:04 pm 1

How about a whole line of Rafalca latex wear for seksy time?!

As long as you could still wear magical Mormon underthings underneath, I’m sure it could be done.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:07 pm 2
In response to Margaret @ 1

Ummm, wouldn’t there be a VPL problem with latex and magic undies?

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:09 pm 3

Lisa!

Oh my! I do wonder how that goes with magic undies. Maybe they could come up with some church approved sexy magic undies.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:09 pm 4

Lisa, is there a reason for “seksy”???

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:10 pm 5
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 2

Having never worn either, I have no idea….

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:10 pm 6

Hey, Dr. D. Did you amuse the cutthroats and rainbows this morning?

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:11 pm 7

It’s a slang term used in texting and IRC.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:11 pm 8
In response to Margaret @ 1

I left that question up to you all to discuss…

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:12 pm 9

OIC. Interesting that it involves more letters rather than fewer.

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:13 pm 10
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 6

They had a great time tormenting me this morning. Dozens of them jumping all around me and none would take my lure.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:17 pm 11

That’s fish for you. Whatever they’re biting always seems to be what I don’t have with me.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:17 pm 12
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 9

It reminds me of one of those cutesy/coy bits of slang used by teenaged girls. I pick up stuff like that all the time at work, from my youthful co-workers. I feel so hopelessly unhep these days!

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:20 pm 13
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 11

They were putting the bitter in the Bitterroot.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:21 pm 14

They might spring to bring Rafalca back but only if they can find space to strap her down on top of the ship.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:21 pm 15
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 9

yeah, it’s kinda to make fun of the idea of people who say “sexy time” and also to skip throuhg parental filters.Teens are clever.

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:21 pm 16
In response to Margaret @ 12

Welcome to my world. Most of my students are closer to my grandsons
ages than to my son’s.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:22 pm 17
In response to Margaret @ 12

Tell me about it.

We just switched to a Learning Management System that will contact our students via Facebook, smartphone… hell for all I know, it’ll hook up to a tin can and string. I asked my students why they wanted something like that and they couldn’t understand why I want to be able to disconnect. It’s a generation thing.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:24 pm 18

They are that.

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:25 pm 19
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 17

Indeed. I have a cell phone that I bought originally for emergencies away from home. Nobody has the number and it is turned off most of the time. There are large segments of time when I actively do not want to be connected.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:26 pm 20

Teens are clever.

Big time. Underestimate young people at your peril!

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:28 pm 21

My previous smarter-than-me phone accessed the university e-mail system as well my personal system. When I had to change to an Android phone, I intentionally did not set it up to log into the U system. I have friends who write off part of their phone bill by accessing the U system on it, but I would rather not do that.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:28 pm 22

Yep, I feel the same way about them. For years I refused to get a cell phone and then it became more practical to have a cell phone and to let the land line go. But I know where the off switch is and I use it!

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:31 pm 23
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 21

I cannot even imagine wanting a smart phone, though that may change as these things do. Given the amount of face time involved in my job and the fact that part of good lecturing is performance art, I really like to be able to choose when I deal with the world.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:32 pm 24
In response to Margaret @ 22

Giving up the land line was a bigger deal to me than I thought, even when I did the analysis and realized we were paying $75/month to get phone calls we didn’t want.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:33 pm 25

Just cause you have one DrD, doesn’t mean it needs to be turned on all the time. :)

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:33 pm 26
In response to Margaret @ 22

I have a Trac Phone which used to live in the glovebox of my truck until they started rolling over the minutes and they built up (I currently have over 1200 minutes). Now I take it with me and use it occasionally when I am away from home to use up some of those minutes.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:34 pm 27

We went to smartphones when our son deployed. My wife wanted to be receive communications from him the moment they came in.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:36 pm 28
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 24

Hmmm, in the end, it turned out to be much less traumatic than I had expected it to be. I kinda like not having people call me at odd times, trying to sell me crap I don’t want. I mean, how many different ways can one say, “If I was looking to buy the stuff you’re selling, I would have contacted you“?

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:36 pm 29
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 27

That makes sense. I really do not have anything I need to keep in close contact with like that. I still have my land line, but it is unlimited local and long distance for about $30/month as part of a bundle from the cable company.

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:37 pm 30
In response to Margaret @ 28

That is why I signed up for the state and federal Do Not Call lists the first day they were available. Almost nobody calls me except my friends and my son.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:38 pm 31

We were with AT&T at the time they decided they wanted out of the local telephone business. They kept jacking the rates up, and as people left for alternatives they used the losses to justify further rate increases to the Corporation Commission.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:38 pm 32
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 24

I am debating losing the land line as well, except many people have it as their number for me–and it’s easy to remember.I just get so many damn solicitation calls on it, even though I am on state and federal Do Not Call lists. Do Not Call is purely voluntary it seems, and a lot of these companies don’t care–robocalls for lowering credit card debt, and most recently sweatshop phone banks calling tooffer me home improvements.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:39 pm 33

I really do not have anything I need to keep in close contact with like that.

I’m in the same boat and I’m similarly resiting pressure from my sister to join Facebook, thereby giving my remaining relatives a more convenient way to criticize me and suggest to me ways to improve myself. If they wanna do that, let ‘em buy a fucking stamp!

EvilDrPuma | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:39 pm 34
In response to Margaret @ 14

After her performance? She’s more likely to come back in lots of little plastic bottles labeled “Elmer’s.”

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:40 pm 35

well, good night ‘lakers.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:40 pm 36

I, for one, lurv my Android, and have hacked it so I can develop apps.

I was thinking “iRant” for a first ouvre.

Select a topic and a “theme” and press “go” and have your phone yell crazy shit about crazy stuff.

“These goddamn nachos ain’t got NO FLAVAH! What you looking at? I said No. Flavah.”

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:42 pm 37
In response to EvilDrPuma @ 34

Did Annie’s prancing pony stink up the joint? I confess that I wasn’t able to find the prancing pony scheiss on NBC’s Jingoism coverage.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:44 pm 38

I don’t get many calls either, though a couple of years ago, I was getting frequent calls from somebody demanding I pay for my car. (Problem is, my name isn’t Maria, I don’t have a Ford Focus and I own my car) I don’t think I use even 30 minutes a month on the phone, though I do text more than I talk on it. Texting is a boon to people like me who hate talking on the damn phone.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:45 pm 39
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 37

I confess that I actively avoided hearing about it or anything else Olympic.

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:47 pm 40
In response to Margaret @ 28

It would appear to be a bit more than voluntary.

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:47 pm 41
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 35

Night, BCT.

EvilDrPuma | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:48 pm 42
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 37

I barely paid attention at the time, but while Rafalca didn’t trip over her shoes or anything like that, she didn’t score very well either. Nice to know our $77,000 was well spent.

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:49 pm 43
In response to Margaret @ 38

I also hate phones, and that includes texting, which I have never done and do not want to start.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:50 pm 44
In response to EvilDrPuma @ 42

I was watching the swim meet and the track meet. I’d like it a lot better if they did away with the relays and had athletes competing as individuals.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:51 pm 45

And with that, I really am outta here. ‘night folks.

EvilDrPuma | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:51 pm 46
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 45

G’night. Catch you on the flip side.

Margaret | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:52 pm 47

Night all. I too am out. Oya!

EvilDrPuma | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:53 pm 48
In response to Margaret @ 47

Oyasumi nasai.

DrDick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:53 pm 49
In response to Margaret @ 47

Night! I think I will toddle off as well. Take care all.

Dearie | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:54 pm 50

I don’t like phone talk, either. Back in the day, I got a pager while I was in grad school and my kids were young teens. And I could set the pager off to get out of night classes when they got over-long.

Then I got one of those Motorola gigantic phones for the car when I was in night law school and driving home on deserted roads. Never made a call or got a call.

Then I got a little cell phone…. and I actually use it to make calls now and then. Came in real handy when one of my tires got slashed and I needed to call Triple-A.

Wouldn’t know how to twit if I wanted to be one. Silliness!

I kinda like my land line cuz I kinda don’t like the cell phone all that much. Whatever……….

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 08:55 pm 51

Night BCT, Dr. DIck and Margaret!

Dearie | Tuesday August 14, 2012 09:09 pm 52

EPU-land. Is there something scheduled for the next hour as a lead in to LLN?

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday August 14, 2012 09:28 pm 53

Dearie, we can talk about whatever!

Dearie | Tuesday August 14, 2012 09:32 pm 54

Thanks, honey, for your movie nights. I don’t always comment, but I sure do enjoy being ‘gifted’ with such interesting stuff.

Dearie | Tuesday August 14, 2012 09:37 pm 55

And, Lisa, I’m just poking DrDick…..because whenever he says that he has to toddle off, the thread kind of dies off. I am easily amused, and for some reason that just amuses me. I know that our “Doctor Squad” has to rest up so they can bedevil their students in the early a.m…… god luv ‘em….. but I’m always sad that my timing doesn’t mesh with theirs and I always miss their delightful repartee.

nixonclinbushbama | Tuesday August 14, 2012 10:25 pm 56

Who could have sex thinking of anything associated with Romney?

mzchief | Tuesday August 14, 2012 11:21 pm 57

A Coffee Spew Alert (CSA) should be administered with this post— especially the ad videos.