Late Night FDL: Game Change

March 10 HBO brings us “Game Change” which could be construed as a comedy, but isn’t, about the 2008 election, focusing specifically on John McCain’s choice for running mate: Sarah Palin.

Naturally SarahPAC had some strong words:

Pay channel HBO has produced another docudrama based on the political arena. This time it is a subscription-only television movie sensationalizing 40 pages of a three-year-old book about the 2008 presidential election…

The docudrama Game Change has not been released, but the content and clips available and scenes as reported by the media make it clear that HBO studio heads decided they would generate more profit by inventing facts and scenes for the purpose of fictionalizing a history written by people with no personal knowledge of the situations they attempt to depict.

Now wait a goldarn minute: Isn’t basing one’s viewpoint on just a snippet something the neo-cons claim the gotcha, drive-by-media does? Shouldn’t Palin, SarahPAC and the right just wait and watch the whole docudrama before passing an opinion? All I can say is

There they ago again

and Palin has created a response called “Fact Change”

39 Responses to "Late Night FDL: Game Change"
tanbark | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:04 pm 1

The more repub chaos and uncertainty; the more hope for Sarah!

(Digby would do backflips to have her to kick around some more, instead of talking about how Barack Obama has thrown away the political opportunity of a lifetime, while doing rehab on the GOP.)

Twain | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:05 pm 2

Moore looks so much like Sarah it’s scary.

DrDick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:08 pm 3

Palin still failin’ and you could not pay me to watch a movie about her and her destructive influence on American politics. Fuck you very much, John McCain!

Dearie | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:10 pm 4

Lisa, is the Steve Schmidt who picked Palin to be McCain’s running mate the same Steve Schmidt who appears on Rachel Maddow all the time….including tonight during the Super Tuesday countdown?

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:10 pm 5

Overheard at rightwing gathering: “Ron Paul followers are not moderate”

Dearie | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:11 pm 6

Talk about clueless!

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:12 pm 7
In response to Dearie @ 4

Dearie, I am not sure. I met a Steve Schmidt, who is a Republican, at an LGBT bloggers conference in late 2008, but not sure if he is the one on Rachel (have missed him on her show) and/or the one on McCain campaign

DrDick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:17 pm 8

Teh Google only turns up two, the McCain aid and a pro football player.

Dearie | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:17 pm 9

I did a bit of googling, and indeed he is. Charlie Rose had the director, writer, author of Game Change and someone else on to talk about the HBO event last night. Schmidt was apparently embarrassed and really, really sorry that he chose Sarah without proper vetting… and within weeks of her launch. She was so unprepared and so unworthy……and the panel on Charlie Rose felt that when people got a sense of Sarah Palin they blamed McCain for not being responsible in choosing a VP candidate. It was quite interesting.

DrDick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:21 pm 10
In response to Dearie @ 9

Well, he can rest assured that if there is a hell, he will be burning there for all eternity for that choice.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:21 pm 11

I think the guy I met was neither of these guys.

Dearie | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:23 pm 12

Shaved head; small mouth. But nice demeanor and really quite cute when he smiles. He’s on Rachel quite a bit. Might actually be there tonight … have a look.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:25 pm 13

I love how Sarah and her supporters are basing their reviews on snippets, yet they accuse others of doing the same thing, taking things out of context.

DrDick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:26 pm 14

Given their attention spans, snippets are all that they can handle anyway.

Dearie | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:32 pm 15

Here’s my take: Sarah is another in the line of Phyllis Schlafley, Ann Coulter, et al. They had their moment in the spotlight….and they just keep hanging around. They offer nothing new, nothing of substance, nothing worth talking about…..but they just keep hanging on to the edge of the glow. I don’t know why we’re still talking about Palin. She is so done. She’s got nothin’.

Dearie | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:35 pm 16

We still talk about ZsaZsaGabor and Anna Nicole and Suzanne Sommers. What is that about? I never have figured it out….voyeurism, I guess. Waiting for the ultimate train wreck.

DrDick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:37 pm 17
In response to Dearie @ 15

I hate to say it, but you insult Schlafley and Coulter by including Palin with them. They may be just as vile and disgusting, but they are not stupid and pig ignorant like Palin is.

EvilDrPuma | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:39 pm 18

Palin should be thanking HBO for tacking an extra few seconds onto her rapidly fading fifteen minutes of fame.

Dearie | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:41 pm 19

My apologies to the better class of mean girls. And I’m still laughing about how Ann Coulter dissed Keith Olbermann for going to the “lesser” part of Cornell (the Ag College… the Land Grant part of the Ivy League.) Mean girls are just, well, mean! Schlafley dissed her own gay son. Mean girls are just, well, mean! Palin is just mean and dumb. Poor her.

DrDick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:41 pm 20
In response to EvilDrPuma @ 18

extra few seconds onto her rapidly fading long expired fifteen minutes of fame.

FTFY

AitchD | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:41 pm 21

“… inventing facts and scenes for the purpose of fictionalizing a history written by people with no personal knowledge of the situations they attempt to depict.”

Once upon a time, that described the best kind of journalism, when Stephen Crane and Theodore Dreiser were newspaper reporters.

EvilDrPuma | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:43 pm 22

Okay, good point.

DrDick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:47 pm 23
In response to EvilDrPuma @ 22

In a sane universe, she would have disappeared from the public eye a week after the 2008 election and gone back to her well deserved obscurity in an Alaskan backwater.

Dearie | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:50 pm 24

Ah, but FAUX N*ws had other ideas…..and a goodly portion of the Right wing still had a hard on. Four hours should have been enough. I suppose they didn’t have health insurance and couldn’t get to a doctor. Life sucks sometimes.

DrDick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:51 pm 25
In response to Dearie @ 24

Sadly, they seem to do all their thinking with that organ.

Dearie | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:51 pm 26

Perhaps I should just hop on over to TBogg’s place. Sorry if I offended anyone here.

DrDick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:52 pm 27

I need to toddle off as I am coming down with the grunge and still have to teach tomorrow. Take care all.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:58 pm 28

I finally read Joe McGinnis’ book Rogue, just finished it. Enjoyable, especially his adventures living next to the Palins and how they raised holy heck about it.

I am gonna watch Game Change.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 08:59 pm 29

This is awesome: Ray Charles on the virtues of a woman: http://youtu.be/b0J1XJhTa7M

EvilDrPuma | Tuesday March 6, 2012 09:05 pm 30

…Palin has created a response called “Fact Change”…

In which, of course, she changes the facts. Again.

sfmikey | Tuesday March 6, 2012 09:13 pm 31

Hey, so Off-Topic, but I thought you might like Stevie Winwood’s “Low Spark….” It only dawned on me how much he sounds like the underrated Curtis Mayfield.

AitchD | Tuesday March 6, 2012 09:13 pm 32

I think I first heard that when Bobby Darin covered it in his Copa live LP act. When my mother heard Joe Cocker she asked why he’s trying to sound like Ray Charles. Nat Cole was her fave. She and Ray left this mortal coil on the same day (she in her 91st year).

ChristineEdmonson | Tuesday March 6, 2012 09:33 pm 33

Jumping in here this late — Lisa I have to watch this too. It is like picking sunburned skin …

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 09:33 pm 34

Romney takes Ohio, Santorum squeezed out

fitley | Tuesday March 6, 2012 09:39 pm 35

I don’t know what everyones problem is but I will love seeing this. Let’s see the wacky piece of shit losing it. That’s funny ,no?

ChristineEdmonson | Tuesday March 6, 2012 09:41 pm 36
In response to fitley @ 35

I agree!

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday March 6, 2012 09:53 pm 37

I am sooo gonna watch Game Change! Total popcorn movie!

gtomkins | Wednesday March 7, 2012 05:05 am 38

Teach the Controversy

Sarah Palin, threat or menace?

Teach the controversy! We report, you decide.

Triad1 | Wednesday March 7, 2012 07:19 am 39

American presidential politics serves to remind the world every four years that the US doesn’t deserve it’s position in the world.