Santorum Froths in New Hampshire: Gay Marriage Boner

So Rick Santorum has dug himself in deeper! And also blew it as he was speaking before a crowd of college Republicans in Concord.

Today’s was one of series of rapid-fire, soon-to-be-patented “Santorum boners,” which have slipped from the candidate’s lips. On Wednesday night, he lamely tried to explain away the

make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money

comment he made in Iowa by telling John King that

In fact, I’m pretty confident I didn’t say ‘black.’ I started to say a word and sort of mumbled it and changed my thought. I don’t recall saying black. No one in that audience heard me say that.

He “started to say a word.” What word? Black? Blighted? Blowsy? Bleached? Blond? Bleary-eyed? (Oh wait, that’s a hyphenate!)

And today the ever frothy Santorum, in front of a crowd of college Republicans, drew jeers when he compared gay marriage to polygamy.

Are we saying everyone should have the right to marry? So anyone can marry anyone else? So anybody can marry several people?

There is a big difference between two people marrying, no matter what the gender combo, and polygamy. Like an extra person difference. And actually anybody can marry several people.

You just have to un-marry the current spouse first. Like Newt Gingrich.

36 Responses to "Santorum Froths in New Hampshire: Gay Marriage Boner"
Teddy Partridge | Friday January 6, 2012 12:22 pm 1

Frothy has begun his “didn’t say that, nuh-un” media tour. Along with denying having said “black” when that is very clearly exactly what he said, he parsed his ‘man-on-dog’ comment the other day to make it seem that he was saying the ‘homosexual marriage’ (as he calls it) was NOT like man-on-dog.

Completely inverting the meaning of the words that got him in trouble with Dan Savage. Tape here.

EvilDrPuma | Friday January 6, 2012 04:12 pm 2

For a word he “started to say” and “sort of mumbled,” it sure as hell sounds like a loud, clear “black” to me. Maybe we should ask the racists folks in the audience who applauded the remark.

eCAHNomics | Friday January 6, 2012 07:36 pm 3

Best thing about Islam, well for guys anyhow, is that you can have a 15 min marriage, and then a divorce, just by saying so.

DutchButch | Friday January 6, 2012 07:39 pm 4

“So anybody can marry several people?”

Hmmm. Interesting question. Let’s ask Willard M. Romney what he thinks about that.

eCAHNomics | Friday January 6, 2012 07:43 pm 5
In response to DutchButch @ 4

Better still, ask the Mexican branch of his family.

iseeitfx | Friday January 6, 2012 07:43 pm 6

Santorum is gross. I think he is a dumbass punk. I also think he is likely guilty of T.M.I.
That say’s a lot about modern politics. Lie and hide who you really are and what you really mean in order to gain power.
Except for Ron Paul.

eCAHNomics | Friday January 6, 2012 07:46 pm 7
In response to iseeitfx @ 6

You are still on the wrong thread.

CTuttle | Friday January 6, 2012 07:50 pm 8

“…Santorum will be on the lips…” Do the Santorum PR crew not know about teh Google…?

Margaret | Friday January 6, 2012 07:55 pm 9

I’m actually a bit astonished that the Not Willard crowd actually turned to ol’ Frothy in the end. Too bad for his campaign that the medias’ scrutiny is on him now…

Beerfart Liberal | Friday January 6, 2012 07:57 pm 10

Look. In my view, ya gotta give the guy some credit. He was an also-ran for the longest time. Couldn’t raise money. So he had to spend what he did have very wisely. So give him credit. He didn’t blow his wad too soon.

Hannibal | Friday January 6, 2012 07:58 pm 11
In response to CTuttle @ 8

@SantorumPR is a parody. And quite the lulzy one at that.

A worthy opponent improves the race. McCain can plug Romney all he wants. It will only increase my spunk.

We always need a Jesus candidate. Every morning, I say, Lord fill me with your hard teachings, so I can spread them on the trail as I go.

And many, many others.

cmaukonen | Friday January 6, 2012 07:58 pm 12

These people are having a very hard time hiding their blatant racism and bigotry.

You can read it even in their faces. Like McConnell. You know what he is thinking from the very first but he is too chicken shit to actually say it to anyone.

“We got to get that damn n&@@$% out of the White House. How the hell did he get elected anyway. Those damn n!&&#@ loving liberals, that’s how.”

Of course you can also really know what the Obambots are thinking to. “Ha..we got a black man elected president. Stick that up your buts you redneck racist clowns.”

Sigh…it’s all the same.

cwolf | Friday January 6, 2012 07:59 pm 13
In response to Margaret @ 9

Frothy in the end.

HaHaHa
HaHaHa
HaHaHa
HaHaHa
HaHaHa

eCAHNomics | Friday January 6, 2012 08:00 pm 14

OT

Best laugh of the day.

Strafor is one of those premium foreign policy ‘intelligence’ for high dollar subscription services that was recently hacked for its clients financial info. I won’t say how I got access without paying, but I found the content mediocre and stopped scanning it after a couple or three visits.

Just got an email from them (11p ET Friday, no less) offering all their premium content for free and asking how great they were at responding to their troubles. IIRC, the attack was a week or more ago, and I think they’re not quite up & running yet.

Gotcha.

Margot | Friday January 6, 2012 08:00 pm 15
In response to CTuttle @ 8

Beerfart Liberal | Friday January 6, 2012 08:00 pm 16

saw a guy in The City Beautiful today with a Ron Paul t-shirt. First one I’ve seen. We’ll see.

Phoenix Woman | Friday January 6, 2012 08:01 pm 17

So Santorum advocates Dirty Sanchezes for America’s youth?

CTuttle | Friday January 6, 2012 08:01 pm 18
In response to Hannibal @ 11

*heh* My Bad…! ;-)

Still getting over Rupert’s foray into the twitterverse…!

eCAHNomics | Friday January 6, 2012 08:02 pm 19
In response to Hannibal @ 11

That one certainly deserves to live forever in the annals. So many double entendres.

Margaret | Friday January 6, 2012 08:02 pm 20
In response to cmaukonen @ 12

Sigh…it’s all the same.

Unfortunately that’s true. The second greatest thing that is broken about our system after the money that governs the system is the way politics and policy have become a spectator sport.

eCAHNomics | Friday January 6, 2012 08:05 pm 21
In response to Margaret @ 20

I’d call it more like a comedy routine, if you like gallows humor.

Glackin | Friday January 6, 2012 08:05 pm 22
In response to Hannibal @ 11

Thanks, ’cause I was at an OMFG moment. there.
Now, is Li’lDickie channeling Pat Paulson, Steven Colbert or Prof. Erwin Corey?

cwolf | Friday January 6, 2012 08:06 pm 23
In response to Margaret @ 20

Sigh…it’s all the same.

It’s not all the same. The rednecks are not descendents of American slaves

cmaukonen | Friday January 6, 2012 08:06 pm 24
In response to Margaret @ 20

It’s so damn childish. What you would expect from some 4th graders on a playground.

Margaret | Friday January 6, 2012 08:08 pm 25
In response to cwolf @ 23

Neither is Barack Obama. But the quote isn’t mine. I was speaking more generally.

Beerfart Liberal | Friday January 6, 2012 08:13 pm 26
In response to cmaukonen @ 12

is chicken shit 2 words? or is it chickenshit? or either?

cwolf | Friday January 6, 2012 08:13 pm 27
In response to Margaret @ 25

Yea, we now all know Obama is Kenyan or somethin’ unAmerican… maybe a commie from mars. (snark)

It was just easier to reply to you than go all the way back up the comments for the source of the redneck thing.

cmaukonen | Friday January 6, 2012 08:14 pm 28
In response to Beerfart Liberal @ 26

I really do not know. I am not the designated spelling cop.

Margaret | Friday January 6, 2012 08:17 pm 29
In response to cwolf @ 27

Barack Obama is not un-American, he is in fact uniquely American. As the son of a caucasian woman and a Kenyan university student, he’s a great example of the melting pot some in this nation used to strive to be. I wasn’t being derisive, just pointing out that he isn’t descended from slaves.

cwolf | Friday January 6, 2012 08:18 pm 30
In response to Beerfart Liberal @ 26

If you’re talking about a scat specimen – it’s 2 words.
If you’re talking about Speaker Boenyhour – it’s one word.

cmaukonen | Friday January 6, 2012 08:23 pm 31

Gaud I miss the honesty of the right wing like that Agnew with his “Commie pinko fagots” remarks.

cmaukonen | Friday January 6, 2012 08:25 pm 32
In response to cwolf @ 30

Opps..my mistake.

tw3k | Friday January 6, 2012 09:12 pm 33

Curse you for the image of “Frothy Santorum.”

*Shakes fist*

Ro-Man XP47 | Saturday January 7, 2012 03:43 am 34

That tweet up top isn’t real is it? Is it?

wagthedog | Saturday January 7, 2012 04:35 am 35

The main case against Santorum, is that he is a war criminal.

iseeitfx | Saturday January 7, 2012 07:51 am 36
In response to eCAHNomics @ 7

Yeah buddy, I understand that. The primary reason that I am on this wrong thread is that you ‘cool’ people who belong are right about a few important things.
Imagine a world where we could agree to disagree on that which separates us and agree to agree on what we have in common.
It’s either that or we continue to play russian roulette until the planet becomes entirely like North Korea.
That is the end game B.T.W.