Teen’s Powerful Anti-Bullying Video

Jonah Mowry expresses his feelings on being bullied since he was 6.  He began cutting himself that year. He is now in 8th grade. With tears in his eyes, he assures viewers he is not going to kill himself, he

just needed to get this out here.

10 Responses to "Teen’s Powerful Anti-Bullying Video"
RevBev | Sunday December 4, 2011 06:58 am 1

Lisa, Thanks for the lesson and the reminder…cheers to this good kid. Really absurd stuff and quite important that bullies can be shamed…maybe, that is. Those Jr hi years can be tough, and everyone knows that.

Teddy Partridge | Sunday December 4, 2011 07:31 am 2

Stay strong, Jonah, you are already very brave.

iseeitfx | Sunday December 4, 2011 07:53 am 3

Jonah,
Now you have hundreds of people who love you and respect you. Please understand that these people who are hurting you don’t fully comprehend the harm they are causing you. Being your age is the worst of it (promise). As you continue to mature you will also learn that how others treat you reflects more on who they are, not who YOU are.
I love ya kid and WE need you to help others. It would be a real blessing if you were to turn your pain into wisdom and someday be the person ‘there’ for another soul.
This coming from a 46 year old who has been through tons of pain and understands that all the pain has value.
Jonah Mowry is a brave person and I’ll keep him in my heart.

Cynthia Kouril | Sunday December 4, 2011 08:02 am 4

Wow, that is so powerful.

Listen, Jonah, anyone with communications skills like you have NEEDS TO EXIST, so you can use those skills to change the world into the place you want it to be.

You have an amazing talent, young man. Put it to good use. Actually, you seem to have started to put it to very good use already.

tomallen | Sunday December 4, 2011 08:05 am 5

I hope Jonah knows that he’s just saved maybe a million other kids’ lives just by doing that. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go get some more Kleenex.

Wish I could do more for him than tell him that weird as it sounds things will work their way out for him, he’s a brave asshole for sure, and I wish I could be half as courageous as he is. He’ll probably redeem the world. :-)

And he does have the greatest smile, and I’ll paste anyone who tries to hurt him for it. :-(

cbl | Sunday December 4, 2011 08:19 am 6

thank you Lisa ! – incredibly powerful

- am over @ youtube watching the comments pour in – a chance for this wonderful, brave child see the beyond-8th-grade world weigh in on his true value -

cbl | Sunday December 4, 2011 09:07 am 7

Lisa and Firedogs –

Jonah has posted a thank you video :D

Tangolas | Sunday December 4, 2011 02:12 pm 8

Hey Buddy, I know right now its hard to comprehend, but this is just a small speck of time in your life that will be over in a few short years. Then, you have your entire life ahead of you. You are a handsome, brilliant young man with so much to give, stay with us..the world NEEDS YOU…and get your parents to look into home schooling, I wish I could trade places with you for a day, I would clean house for you. Hang in there Buddy! Its not forever! You will some day look back and laugh.

HotFlash | Sunday December 4, 2011 03:45 pm 9
In response to cbl @ 7

Hi cbl, went to see and got “removed by user” — hope all is OK?

Mike in Queensland | Sunday December 4, 2011 08:46 pm 10

Jonah,
Your courage is very quickly becoming an inspiration to lots of people in Australia. We love you for your courage. Go well, mate.