Dual Palin Docs: Doppleganger Views of Sarah to Hit Screens

Movies-goers and politics junkies will have their eyes-a-poppin’ when The Undefeated hits theaters July 15th. Directed by Tea Party activist Stephen Bannon, the documentary features numerous Palin supporters giving rah-rahs about the former Alaska governor, which makes sense: Real Politics reports that while the defeated VP candidate

did not have any editorial role in the project, Palin facilitated access for Bannon and his film crew to key Alaskan defenders who were involved with the major achievements of her administration, and the filmmaker spent several weeks in the 49th state gathering archival film and conducting research and interviews for the project.

As of now, The Undefeated is scheduled to be released in markets such as Dallas, Denver, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Atlanta, Orange County, Phoenix, Houston, Indianapolis, and Kansas City; premiering in the state of Iowa as a warm up for the caucus. The film, according to CBS News political correspondent Jan Crawford, who has seen the full documentary is

an unabashed defense of the former Alaska governor that leaves the distinct impression her presidential candidacy not only is possible, but inevitable.

Meanwhile, guerrilla filmmaker Nick Broomfield has a Palin pic in the can. In the past he’s skewered Courtney Love in Kurt & Courtney, raised more than a few questions in Biggie & Tupac, and profiled Margaret Thatcher, dominatrixes, and serial killer Aileen Wuornos. According to a source close to Broomfield, who spoke to the Los Angeles Times anonymously due to the sensitive nature of the film, the yet-to-be-titled documentary features:

Palin’s parents as well as numerous ex-aides. Many of those people, the source added, describe her not as the likable repository of aw-shucks wisdom Palin likes to present but a more ruthless politician who has trampled over opponents and is now a potential presidential candidate.

The Times hypothesizes that Broomfield’s film will play festivals before getting distribution in the 2012 election cycle in which Palin will be a key player.

(photo: screen shot from Katie Couric interview with Palin)

45 Responses to "Dual Palin Docs: Doppleganger Views of Sarah to Hit Screens"
eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:04 pm 1

Oh goodie. Another movie I don’t have to see.

jo6pac | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:10 pm 2

A waste digital space and the fbi should be there to get pictures of all the crazies for the future.

papau | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:10 pm 3

The first screening was a few days ago – are any reviews actually out of the movie – or just quick summaries?

If the economy continues to tank and Obama does nothing to recover the Democratic base, quite a few GOPers have a chance at beating him – even Palin.

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:11 pm 4
In response to jo6pac @ 2

The FBI wastes its time only on lefties.

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:12 pm 5
In response to papau @ 3

Right now, looks like Romney could easily beat O. That is, if he could get the R nomination.

Twain | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:13 pm 6
In response to eCAHNomics @ 1

I can’t imagine you going to see this movie. :)

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:23 pm 7

It’s commin’ to The City Beautiful?? Yahoooo!!! Do you, like, haveta pay?

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:26 pm 8
In response to Twain @ 6

I can’t imagine my going to see almost any movie. :-)

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:26 pm 9

The Casey Anthony trial is in full swing. This is a small city–barely even a city. We can only handdle one train wreck at a time.

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:38 pm 10

Lisa,

I still haven’t received any response from you or FDLmembers on how to effect my gift membership.

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:39 pm 11
In response to Beerfart Liberal @ 9

fitley | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:41 pm 12

This is ripe for a documentary. Interviewing the inbred hillbillies coming out of the theater all blissed out on an overdose of ” you betchas, gosh darns, and yee haw Mama Grizzlies.”Like “Heavy Metal Parking Lot”.

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:43 pm 13
In response to eCAHNomics @ 11

I ran into Geraldo Rivera. Nancy “Fugly Shrew” Grace is here for the duration. Such a tragedy and it’s become a media circus. And the circus will be in town for about another 6 weeks.

GeorgeJohnston | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:45 pm 14

Full term governor and undefeated Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin? That Palin?

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:45 pm 15

I’ll keep an eye out for it and let you know what the reviews are here. I mean what the review is. We only have one newspaper and I don’t watch the local stations unless a hurricane is in the neighborhood.

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:46 pm 16
In response to Beerfart Liberal @ 13

Sorry to hear that.

I’ve had my legal soap opera circus (5 years in duration), which never became a media event, thank goodness, and can only imagine how awful it is for the real people involved.

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:47 pm 17

wait. it’s July 15th?? If I’m gonna look out for reviews, somebody’s gonna have to remind me. I’ll have forgotten all about this by then.

wagthedog | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:48 pm 18

Sounds like a heck of a comedy, rivaling Monty Python’s Silly Walks and Village Idiot skis.

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:49 pm 19

It’s JULY 15th??? I’m never going to remember.

forest | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:52 pm 20

When did ruthlessness become a virtue?

Her ruthlessness could be a disguise for not being altogether there.

It’s easy to be ruthless. It’s also easy to quit. Her sycophants are more unbearable than Obama’s and that’s not easy to pull off.

Shoto | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:55 pm 21

The Undefeated hits theaters July 15th.

Just my luck that this hagiography is being released on my birthday. I hope it’s just an accident of the calendar, and not some horrifying signal from the Netherworld of Palintology.

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:56 pm 22
In response to forest @ 20

Nicely put.

U.S. scraping bottom of barrel, dya think. And seemingly unaware of it.

jayt | Sunday June 12, 2011 06:57 pm 23
In response to Beerfart Liberal @ 13

…Nancy “Fugly Shrew” Grace is here for the duration. Such a tragedy….

yeah, that really *does* suck.

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:01 pm 24
In response to Shoto @ 21

Angling for epresents, I see.

Well, since the sky’s the limit, what would you like?

Choices range from those bday cake candles that refuse to be blown out (I’ll bake you an ecake, but depending on your choice, could turn out to be great or not so much; I’m still an uneven, though enthusiastic, baker) to a full blown 3 story coconut cake.

Forewarned: last time I tried the latter, it was a bust. I’m kinda ready to try it again, but don’t have high hopes for success.

Shoto | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:07 pm 25
In response to eCAHNomics @ 24

Actually, I wasn’t angling. I was simply expressing horror about the coincidence. What are the odds? 1 out of 365? If only Lotto were that easy…

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:09 pm 26

I just looked at that picture— from the interview with Kouric. In that still she looks VERY, VERY uncomfortable. Like she shat herself, uncomfortable.

msmolly | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:09 pm 27
In response to eCAHNomics @ 24

I think we all oughta friend Shoto on Facebook so we can send him birthday wishes. Facebook even reminds you when a friend has a birthday. (Not that it’s good for much else, but I’ve been told “it’s where your grandsons are, so…”

msmolly | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:11 pm 28

Hmmm. No edit here, either. I always forget the close parenthesis.

Shoto | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:13 pm 29
In response to Beerfart Liberal @ 26

The picture is evocative, alright. I just assumed she was arriving at a breakthrough on the resolution of the Unified Field Theory.

Either that or (as you said) she shat herself…

msmolly | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:15 pm 30
In response to Shoto @ 29

That probably was when she was tryin’ to tell Couric what papers she reads.

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:18 pm 31

even if you mess up a 3 story cake, you’ll still get one story that’s good. right? and make some dormers and you’ve got a second floor. give it another try eC

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:19 pm 32

i just cracked up thinking of that. all of ‘em. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. hilarious stuff

msmolly | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:20 pm 33

If anyone gives a f*ck, apparently there are new photos of the Wienis on TMZ. Apparently this is gonna be our shiny object this month.

ThingsComeUndone | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:20 pm 34

Ok we now know where Sarah thinks she has support.

ThingsComeUndone | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:21 pm 35

Lisa will you have to watch this film as FDL’s movie critic?

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:22 pm 36
In response to msmolly @ 27

I don’t do facebook. Freaks me out.

eCAHNomics | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:23 pm 37
In response to Shoto @ 25

Just jerking your chain…

EdwardTeller | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:47 pm 38

Ms ET and I had Nick Broomfield and Sarah Churchill and two young BBC kids over for Thanksgiving last year, while they were working on the film in Wasilla and Anchorage. We were honored. First American T-Day the young reporters had ever had.

Jesse Griffen wrote today about how he or somebody else discovered through the e-mails Palin appears to have ignored Jeremy Morlock’s plea for help, before Morlock committed his Afghan atrocities.

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:56 pm 39
In response to eCAHNomics @ 37

well! don’t you ever do that to me! i’m quite capable of jerking my own chain, thank you very much.

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 07:57 pm 40

Cool, ET!

Beerfart Liberal | Sunday June 12, 2011 08:10 pm 41
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 34

lots of teabaggers here in orlando. they still get pretty good crowds at rallies.

msmolly | Sunday June 12, 2011 08:21 pm 42
In response to eCAHNomics @ 36

As I said above, I was informed that if I wanted to communicate with my grandsons, that’s where they are. I don’t spend a lot of time on FB but I have found some old neighbors/friends on FB which is kinda fun. You just have to button everything down very tightly.

joeblue | Sunday June 12, 2011 08:27 pm 43
In response to eCAHNomics @ 4

You beat me to it.

GeorgeJohnston | Monday June 13, 2011 01:03 am 44

Let this movie be a warning to the British.

dregstudios | Wednesday June 15, 2011 02:27 pm 45

At least there’s another side of the two extremes of covering and exploiting Mama Grizzly. She IS Ruthless and will do ANYthing for money. See what I mean with these indecent pictures at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/06/ecstasy-of-sarah-palin_15.html