Well, Just for fun……Why is it that…?
1. First things first, why do our politicians all of a sudden need no less than 20,000 American flags behind them when they give press conferences? Furthermore, is there any relationship between the number of American flags displayed at a given event, and the truthfulness of statements made by the speakers in attendance?
If Teabaglican rallies and joint announcements by Republican members of the house and Senate are any indication, an increase in American flags on display would seem to indicate a remarkable decline in the honesty of the statements made by the speakers.
Why is it that when politicians and political pundits get called out on any particular lie that they happen to be peddling at the time, they get offended?
Is it just me?
Why do they react as if they’ve been slapped in the face with a pristine white leather glove wielded by a tuxedo clad talking rabbit in a cartoon? The surprised/offended/ afraid look on their faces seems to convey that unmistakable message of How dare you?
Just look at some of the recent footage of the current crop of Republican brotherhood blood sucking predators currently holding public office and portraying ‘Representatives’ nationwide at their town halls http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/29/town-hall-ryan-grimm/
. When little old ladies and little old men ask them actual, well thought out, intelligent questions, they look as if they’ve been punched in the junk by Mr. T.
WTF? Since when did being asked a direct question merit a response that makes our politicians look as if they have just seen their pastor hitting on their spouse at church?
2. Have the vast majority of LIEbertarians, Teabaglicans and Rethugs ever actually stopped and thought about what their lives would be like if they ever had the good fortune to live in the magical world that they have wet dreams about every night?
This one always puzzles me.
If they ever succeeded at removing all of these ‘pesky’ regulations (what little remain) like worker protections and child labor laws, how would they feel about being seriously injured at work due to unregulated work safety issues, then having no right to sue for damages do to ‘tort reform’ and then having to send their small children to work performing manual labor so that they could afford to eat the suspect food available due to the absence of any semblance of the FDA, ‘buyer beware’.
Seriously, would this make them happy?
Have they given their ridiculous political positions and their irresponsible voting habits any serious thought?
Of course Not http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/their-own-words-tea-partiers-talk-election
- ! They are too busy examining birth certificates, attending pro-birth rallies followed by anti immigration rallies, followed by nullification rallies. Manny of them are out vandalizing museums (probably right now), donating to secessionist movements with money from their social security checks, flying out of church like a bat from hell to go gamble at a casino on a reservation, drinking gin and tonics while tripping off of government subsidized prescription drugs from Prozac to Zoloft to prescription grade mary j, and of course Viagra, all the while talking shit about ‘Big Government’ and the ‘moral decline’ of America.
These people will literally leave an anti immigration rally and swing by Lowes or Home Depot on the way back to see if they can find some low wage undocumented workers to fix the roof on their house.
These people are off the chain, many of them are old, stupid, and racist. Hell, many of them aren’t even awake for most of the day (which is why Fox News never stops pumping out the propaganda ).
So NO, I have to conclude that they will not be bothered to think anything through, that’s what Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reiley, Frank Graham, Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter, Neal Cavuto, Joe Scarborough, Harold Ford, Michael Savage, Neal Boortz, Rick Santeli, Rush Limbaugh, Jon Kyl, Lindsey Graham, Eric Cantor, Mitch McConnel, Paul Ryan, etc. etc. are there for, to tell them what to think so that they don’t have to take time out of their frantic, functionally illiterate, hectic and busy days spent being racist, xenophobic, selectively religious and ignorant…….and asleep.
It is obvious that, the vast majority of these folks have never spent more than one 1000th of ¾ of a second actually analyzing any of
their ‘deeply held’ beliefs, or those of the leaders of the movements they profess to support. If they ever did they would realize that when people like Grover Norquist say things like ‘my goal is to cut government in half in 25 years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub’ http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/grovernorq182534.html
that life under such conditions would probably not be very good for them.
After all, many of them survive thanks solely to government funded programs. Hmm?
But as we have all seen and heard from CONservative minded friends and relatives, the ‘Freedom’ argument is often strong enough to diffuse any semblance of common sense from rearing its pointy egg shaped head into the debate.
But have they really thought about those ‘freedoms‘?
I say NO. After all, there were a lot of ‘freedoms’ that folks once had before they collectively agreed to form societies (and even afterward), below is a just a small, painfully inadequate list of ‘freedoms’ that people long ago foolishly traded in order to embrace the concepts of society and rule of law:
A. The freedom to starve to death, at a place, (not so much a Time) of your own choosing Yeaaaaahhhh Boyyyyyyyyyyy! I list this as number one because there is nothing quite like the feeling of knowing that you are slowly dying while your body attempts to digest itself, to let you know that you are one free motherfucker! In the good old days (before dirty, stinking, looter, socialist concepts like government assistance to the poor came about) people enjoyed the absolute and sacred freedom to starve to death, either in their own homes or right on the street while rich folks walked by on their way to the butcher shop to buy fresh meat for their sporting dogs! They must really miss the good old days? (on a side note, this one is making a comeback in the U.S. )
B. The freedom to have no form of legal redress when someone bigger than you decides to pull your card or, as I like to call it [the Deebo principle]. In the good ole days, before commonly accepted laws and a court system supported by mutual contribution of taxes came about, the only real law in force was ’the bigger stick wins’. And the bigger stick always won, regardless of such frivolous and trifling notions of right and wrong, the bigger stick won and everyone and everything else lost., and the best thing about that was, unless you could manage to find a bigger stick you had no one to turn to for assistance and you were absolutely fucked! They must really miss the good ole days, because they are feverishly voting to get us back those ‘freedoms‘, YES!
Under the bigger stick rule, everyone enjoyed several fringe benefit freedoms like,
(1) the freedom to be minding your own business one day, not bothering anyone, only to suddenly be killed out of hand merely to serve as an example to others by someone with a bigger ‘stick’ than you, and the best part about that? The freedom of your surviving relatives to have no one to seek justice from. Rock On!
(2) the freedom of you and all of your friends and relatives to be overrun by more powerful people and sold into slavery, or used as material for science projects. Hooorrrraaaaaaay! Now that’s some biblical freedoms type shit right there boy, no bullshit United Nations around to be bothered with shit like war crimes! I’m talking Rwanda type freedom…..Bitches!
(3) the freedom to get paid in Company Script! What! What! You didn’t think the Deebo principle applied only to invading foreigners and neighborhood bullies did you? No, it applied (and still applies) to the good ole ‘producer’ class right here at home! No commonly accepted (govt. backed) currency for you bitch ( no gold or silver either) just these fake certificates http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977517353
‘privately’ ’produced’ by ‘private’ companies, so you could privately walk your happy ass into the ‘privately owned’ company store, and ‘privately’ pay twice what everyone else was who wasn’t ’privatized’ was paying for goods that you needed in order to ‘personally’ survive, and if you tried to spend that bullshit company script anywhere else, some nice and respectable shop keeper would tell you to ‘privately’ …..“get the fuck out of my store“. They must miss the freedom to be oppressed, extorted, and robbed all in the name of the free market and commerce?
C. The ‘Freedom’ to be fucked by an entity that you did not have an opportunity to elect, petition, ridicule, or otherwise speak freely about. ‘Nuff said.
The craziest thing is that, while we lose real freedoms all the time, it’s usually the folks who parade as ‘patriots’ and ‘freedom’ lovers who consistently vote for the very interests who would love nothing more than to ‘take the country back’…right back to the good ole days.
My favorite line from the song “ people keep waiting on a change, they aint got sense enough to come in out of the rain”