It was only a matter of time before some celebrity’s Naked Airport Machine scan was saved by TSA and uh sent to the media, in this case me.  Guess which star is below the fold!

And while we’re on the subjects of skeletons, why does Karl Rove have such an anti-boner for the ladies of the GOP? First he gets his chonies all twisted over Christine “Witchy-poop” O’Donnell and now he’s taking shots at the Grand Old Party’s sacred cow Sarah Palin, saying she lacks

gravitas.

Rove’s main complaint: Her TLC show, Sarah Palin’s Alaska. The neo-con puppetmaster isn’t the only one with complaints about the show. According to TMZ, a schoolmate of Willow Palin named Tre posted the following about the pablum-filled Palin cringe-fest:

Sarah Palin’s Alaska, is failing so hard right now.

Did Willow flame him back, citing his grammatical error as proof of idiocy? Did she rickroll him? Did she express surprise that he could afford cable? No. She fed the troll and freaked out with an ad hominem attack on Tre:

“Haha your so gay. I have no idea who you are, But what I’ve seen pictures of, your disgusting … My sister had a kid and is still hot.

Ah, that sentence (!?) full of apostrophe abuse explains why Willow didn’t resort to

Your grammar sucks, so why should anyone think you can appreciate the teevee?

Oh wait, whut? Did she just..Oh yes she did! She used “gay” to mean stupid/fail/vile/awful, etc. And it just gets worse. Willow then wrote:

Tre stfu. Your such a f**got

186 Responses to "Late Night: Exclusive! First Celebrity Backscatter Scan! And Willow Drops the Fa***t Bomb on Facebook"
Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:01 pm 1

Happy Tuesday!

Suzanne | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:02 pm 2

lisa!

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:03 pm 3

Hey Suzanne! Did you guess? Or peek?

Pannochka | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:03 pm 4

Did I mention Palin can choke on a bag of dicks?
If I have forgotten to mention that recently, I apologize.

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:04 pm 5

Remember back in the day when political kids knew how to STFU?

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:07 pm 6

Lisa!

You can’t blame Willow for the way she was raised. Given her upbringing, that seems almost enlightened.

Pannochka | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:08 pm 7

I am more upset Willow can’t distinguish “your” and “you’re”.

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:08 pm 8

I suppose with some help that Willow will be able to pass a GED in time. Congrats to her proud parents……paragons, they are.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:09 pm 9

Willow, Willow, Willow. One day you’ll need a fa&&ot – and you’ll be stranded.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:09 pm 10
In response to Dearie @ 5

I am a professor at STFU.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:09 pm 11
In response to Pannochka @ 7

Bear in mind who her parents are. It is a miracle she is even marginally literate.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:09 pm 12

Hey, Lisa.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:10 pm 13

Track’s future husband will be mortified.

sadlyyes | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:10 pm 14

that family makes Roseanne look regal

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:11 pm 15
In response to Pannochka @ 7

It’s their problem there.

Suzanne | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:12 pm 16

lisa, i had guessed lindsay lohan…

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:13 pm 17

Somewhere, there’s a Homo Grizzly, patiently tapping beautifully manicured claws.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:13 pm 18

Dr. D. Thanks for the references. I’ve ordered the Human Repro article through ILL. I was very disappointed that we don’t have full text access through our library. Budget cuts…

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:17 pm 19
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 17

Hey Kelly. We’re all Homo something-or-another. Repubs are Homo devolutionarius.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:17 pm 20
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 18

My pleasure. I had found a better baseline article on sex ratios in miscarriage, but could not find it again last night (Damn you, Google!). The article on maternal immune suppression would seem to indicate about a 50% higher fertilization rate for Y-spermatozoa than for X-spermatozoa, which was much higher than I would have thought.

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:18 pm 21

What saddens me is that these low lifes get any attention at all. What in the hell happened to the USofA? When did stupidity become admirable?

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:19 pm 22
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 17

FWIW, there was an article published last year reviewing the available literature which revealed that sames sex sexual contact has been reported for virtually every animal species for which we have adequate data. That includes insects and such.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:20 pm 23
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 12

Hey hey!

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:20 pm 24
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 19

Hey, I’m totally hip to the Homo of it all.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:20 pm 25

To say the least. It’s difficult to imagine a mechanism that would have that result.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:20 pm 26
In response to Dearie @ 21

About twenty minutes after the founding of the Republic. There has long been a strong anti-intellectual streak in American culture, from Andie Jackson to the Know Nothings to William Jennings Bryant to the Teabaggers.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:22 pm 27
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 25

Indeed. Just illustrates how little we still know about even the basics of biology.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:23 pm 28
In response to Dearie @ 21

This is ‘murca, perhaps the most anti-intellectual society in the modern world.

KrisAinCA | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:26 pm 29
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 28

Life shouldn’t be about intellect. It should be about fear and knee-jerk reactions! Fuck thinking for ourselves, we’ve got corporate persons to do it for us!

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:27 pm 30
In response to Suzanne @ 16

I was thinking Courtney Love cuz she is always shedding her skin, you know reinventing herself, “upcycling” as it’s now called: Sow’s ear/silk purse…

Suzanne | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:29 pm 31

i don’t really know who lindsay lohen is but i sure see her name pop up on the news a lot…

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:29 pm 32

So, who’s flown lately?

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:31 pm 33

It’s interesting to follow this. See, I grew up in Texas back in the late 1950′s early 1960′s and people were expected to get smart…..as well as clean stalls, swab lube rooms, sew their own garments, etc.
Stupidity was not admired. Bad grammar was noticed. Spelling errors were apologized for. Stupid people mostly seemed to wish they weren’t. YMMV.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:32 pm 34
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 32

I got out of flying to a meeting this week, but am flying next week.

And let me tell you; I. Is. Ready. With. The. Junk.

KrisAinCA | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:32 pm 35
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 32

I’m flying in a few weeks and I’m gonna go with something econobuzz suggested in a thread earlier today.

I’m going to moan when they pat me down.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:32 pm 36
In response to Dearie @ 33

Where in Texas did you grow up, Dearie?

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:33 pm 37
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 34

Wear a kilt with nothing underneath. 8-)

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:33 pm 38
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 32

I am flying later this week, will post about it. I am debating, torn between the scan and the fondle….

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:34 pm 39
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 36

Outside Houston. Memorial School District. We had plenty of FFA and FHA, but I don’t remember anyone thinking stupid was acceptable. Well, that was then…….

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:34 pm 40
In response to KrisAinCA @ 35

I haven’t decided whether to opt for the Xray or the pat-down. Given my aversion to ionizing radiation, I’m thinking seriously about the pat-down.

And if he gets too close to the junk, I’m gonna tell him that he’s going to have to explain it to Mrs. Dr. BC.

KrisAinCA | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:34 pm 41

I think that choice should rely heavily on the attractiveness of the screener.

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:35 pm 42

Actually…..Spring Branch-Memorial School District.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:35 pm 43

Something like that. Heh.

KrisAinCA | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:36 pm 44

I’m going for the patdown for sure. I’m not going to wear underwear. I’m going to moan. I might even talk dirty to my wife if she’s nearby while it’s happening :) It’ll be great.

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:36 pm 45
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 40

Avoid the x-rays. Be strong…..if you can’t moan, then at least scream that you are being molested — and don’t let the bastards off the hook. Go for it!

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:37 pm 46
In response to Dearie @ 39

And this is now. I have the impression that stupid is still unacceptable in University towns. If you were somewhere around the Johnson Center that could skew things too. Los Alamos isn’t a university town, but LAHS has always had the best high-end college placement rate in the state, one that places like Andover would be happy with.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:37 pm 47
In response to Dearie @ 39

I think that may have been a localized situation. I grew up in Bartlesville, OK in the 50s and 60s and had a similar experience, but it was national headquarters for Phillips Petroleum back then with lots of engineers, scientists, lawyers, CPAs, etc. Elsewhere in Oklahoma, it was a very different situation and much more like the current situtation.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:38 pm 48

Kids young she makes a grammar mistake so what Rove getting upended and outed by a kid I bet Sarah told her about Rove’s daddy Comedy gold!
Keep this in the files Lisa I suspect we will need it in the future the GOP Civil War is getting interesting.

affinis | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:38 pm 49

Elements of this post really bother me. Yes, I also experienced Palin’s show (the few minutes I could tolerate to watch) as a cringe fest. And I’m disturbed by Willow’s use of anti-gay slurs.
But:
“Did she express surprise that he could afford cable?”
“citing his grammatical error as proof of idiocy?”
For me, remarks such as these just validate the distance between some of the posts at FDL and the lives/experience of many people. I originally come from a poverty-level working class background myself. Ridiculing people for inability to afford cable (and poor grammar)? Especially in the current economic climate? And front-paged at FDL? There’s a reason why we’re losing ground with voters.
BTW – I really don’t mean to offend you Lisa. But this just bothers me.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:39 pm 50

Considering it’s been just a few thousand years (I remember it like it was yesterday) since Adam and Steve, er, Eve, how did people get SO fucked up?

KrisAinCA | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:39 pm 51

It’s not cheating if it’s YOUR TSA screener, right?

sadlyyes | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:40 pm 52

OT,but verrrry interesting

THE LEADING corporate lobbyist against proposals for a “public option” in health care reform legislation helped waste billions of dollars introducing “free-market methods” in Britain’s publicly run National Health Service (NHS).

Simon Stevens is UnitedHealth’s chief lobbyist and is leading the company’s fight against a public option that would establish a government-run alternative to provide coverage for some of the uninsured. As well as sitting on the UnitedHealth board, Stevens is chairman of the newly formed UnitedHealth Center for Health Reform and Modernization.

This means Stevens leads UnitedHealth’s campaign against any meaningful reform of America’s health care system, lobbying senators and leading public campaigns to stop any modernization threatening UnitedHealth’s profits.

UnitedHealth hired Stevens in 2004 when he left his old job as chief health adviser to British Prime Minister Tony Blair. Stevens was the architect of Blair’s market-oriented “reforms” of Britain’s health service.

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:41 pm 53

I told my daughter, who is flying with her husband and two babies from Montana to CA for Thanksgiving, that I fully expect her to uphold our family honor :)….. no x-rays, and for god’s sake, no pervert fondling my 3 year old granddaughter. But I’m kind of toxic at the Bozeman Airport — got fingered by a desk clerk years ago when I was kurt because she left me standing for 15 minutes while she sucked her bagel. She put some code on my ticket and I’ve been molested every time I go through that airport. My kid swears that no one knows she is related to me. Good luck, girl.

sadlyyes | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:41 pm 54

RATTY…how are ya

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:41 pm 55
In response to Dearie @ 45

This whole thing is so stupid.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:42 pm 56
In response to sadlyyes @ 54

Never better and you? Pats and scritches to horsie, Baz and the gang.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:42 pm 57
In response to KrisAinCA @ 51

I say haul it out, and give the TSA screener the Friedman Unit Treatment:

“Suck. On. This.”

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:43 pm 58
In response to Dearie @ 53

Heh. What do you expect from those folks at Bozeman? Come over here to the civilized side of the mountains in Missoula and we will treat you right. ;-)

bayroad22 | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:44 pm 59

that saracuda sures is a great mom who knows how to bring up young ladies to become classy women… NOT! can you imagine this ignorant redneck family in the White House??

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:44 pm 60
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 57

Sir, you can’t bring that snake on the plane…

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:45 pm 61
In response to ratfood @ 60

LOL!

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:45 pm 62
In response to sadlyyes @ 52

WTF???

How do you have “free market” stuff in a single-payer system? That’s like asking for an omelet made from boiled eggs.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:45 pm 63
In response to bayroad22 @ 59

Why not? Bloody Andie Jackson and even bloodier Dubya Bush got there.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:45 pm 64
In response to affinis @ 49

Ridiculing people for inability to afford cable

Legit objection but Willow is a kid Karl had a Gay Dad and masterminded the GOP attack on Gays so I find Willows attack Ironic.
That and just how did that Gay whore get a WH press pass without the FBI background check catching on someone cleared him private.
Karl is one of only a few people in the Bush WH who could have done it and the only one with the job description of making sure Bush gets a few softball questions.

rxbusa | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:46 pm 65
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 28

Well, yeah, that’s how I feel in these benighted times and I fret for the future, but we still dominate in things like Nobel laurels and PhDs earned. So there is also a strong base for scientific achievement. My opinion is that because of the eagerness of the modern media to scandalize, it’s hard to find anyone with an ounce of brains to run for office so we get all these fuckin’ boneheads and egomaniacs.

sadlyyes | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:46 pm 66
In response to ratfood @ 56

thanks…all are well

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:46 pm 67
In response to ratfood @ 60

I AM SICK

AND TIRED

OF MONDAY FRIDAY SNAKES

ON THIS

MONDAY FRIDAY PLANE!

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:47 pm 68
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 61

Guess now I can discard my old socks, they ain’t gonna fool anybody.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:48 pm 69
In response to rxbusa @ 65

Sadly, we are quickly losing ground there as well. Especially in scientific and engineering innovation.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:49 pm 70
In response to Dearie @ 53

You realize every terrorist will send pregnant to get stuff through the airports now? The Scanners are useless:)

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:49 pm 71
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 67

Afraid that one zoomed over my head…

karenr | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:49 pm 72

FREE WILLOW!

oh well, too late….

ChristineEdmonson | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:50 pm 73
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 34

OMG, I want stories after next week!

sadlyyes | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:50 pm 74
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 62

i really dont know all the particulars of NHS,but if a cretin of United Healthcare advised Blair,it wasnt for the good of patients.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:50 pm 75
In response to affinis @ 49

I was putting myself in Willow’s shoes. If you read further on TMZ (link in post), you’ll see I captured her tone pretty well.

There were also weight slurs both pro and con Palin teens tossed around.

rxbusa | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:50 pm 76
In response to Dearie @ 33

Ha! Me, too! I am thinking that these TSA inspections are a perfect excuse for not going to Texas for the holidays. Whaddaya think?

cbl | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:51 pm 77

Evenin Ms Lisa and Firedogs -

I usually pay these Palin stories no mind knowing that multi car chromosomal pile up will be there whether I look or not

but dear god, they really are dim bulbs – my goodness they’ve had cameras on them 24/7 the last 24 months and they’ve learned nothing

wow, just wow – I had no idea

How y’all doing ?

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:51 pm 78
In response to sadlyyes @ 66

Tell Baz I’m ordering the complete remastered Fawlty Towers collection soon, I know he likes to keep tabs on his namesake.

KrisAinCA | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:52 pm 79
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 67

You’re my hero of the evening for the Snakes on a Plane reference.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:53 pm 80
In response to ratfood @ 71

Mrs BC and I were watching Snakes on a Plane last summer on FX. They’d redone the voice over for Samuel L Jackson’s big line (I’m sick and tired of these motherf—ing snakes on this mother—-ing plane) to what I posted.

I laughed my ass off.

rxbusa | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:53 pm 81
In response to KrisAinCA @ 44

That’s what I was thinkin’—get really into it and gross ‘em out.

ChristineEdmonson | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:53 pm 82

Me, too. I am flying Thursday — can’t decide yet.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:53 pm 83
In response to cbl @ 77

Looks like Bristol is going to win Dancing with the Stars next week, despite having no natural rhythm and four left feet.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:54 pm 84

Willow stuck up for her Mom against Karl Rove I find her actions cool her tactics bad but Ironic very Ironic given Karl’s history and given her target well I want the Corporate wing of the GOP to piss off the Fundy wing of the GOP.
I need popcorn this will be anything but a Civil war.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:55 pm 85
In response to ratfood @ 83

I thought that, like all of the Palin clan, she had eight?

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:56 pm 86
In response to KrisAinCA @ 79

I’m glad you got the reference *S*

sadlyyes | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:56 pm 87
In response to cbl @ 77

be careful Kelly doesnt like the use of Dim for our citizens

rxbusa | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:56 pm 88

Agreed, and as I said, I do fret for the future.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:57 pm 89

You’re thinking teats, not feets.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:57 pm 90
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 84

this will be anything but a Civil war.

We I certainly hope so. I invested heavily in popcorn futures.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:57 pm 91
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 80

Wow, that IS funny. Dog bless the censors, protecting us from teh bad words.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:57 pm 92
In response to ratfood @ 83

My Mom did ballet in Mexico I think until her 20′s not professional I wanted her opinion on Bristol’s dancing I figure she could give me inside Dancer snark.
My Mom however refuses to watch…I think I told her to many Sarah Palin jokes (she hates stupid).

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:58 pm 93

Popcorn its the Ramen of Desert cheap quick it should have a great future as the economy gets worse.

AitchD | Tuesday November 16, 2010 08:59 pm 94

I ♡ Apostrophe’s!

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:00 pm 95

Just goes to show that a few millennia of inbreeding is good for something. They ain’t so good with gazintas but they know how to multiply.

cbl | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:00 pm 96
In response to ratfood @ 83

yeah, I see it at Arianna’s place all the time – I don’t get the fascination

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:00 pm 97

Civil Disobedience. It’s what’s for dinner. Triple Depends. Sobbing when groped…..or the When Harry Met Sally if you have the talent for it. Pee on ‘em when they hit anywhere near the ‘good china’ (project runway, thanks for that!) If we don’t stand up for ourselves and each other, all hope is lost. Even heroicly talented pilot Sully’s wife got groped. Anyone who submits passively just adds to the problem. I hate to say it, but ladies and gentlemen, it is time to Man Up! :)~

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:01 pm 98

Willow what price success if your Mom is the next Bush (worse President ever) or next Dan Qualye?

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:01 pm 99
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 84

Is this going to be an uncivil war?

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:02 pm 100

X rays increase cancer risk frequent flyers won’t like this and I bet airports don’t like the costs and delays.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:03 pm 101
In response to cbl @ 96

This was a pretty sucky season even before Bristol started bumping off better contestants about six weeks ago. Clearly some wingnut voting network is responsible for her longevity, it sure ain’t her dancing.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:05 pm 102
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 92

It is painful to watch. Good for your mom having the will to resist. I can never turn away from a slow-motion trainwreck.

thejoker101 | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:05 pm 103

Ok what is the point of this post? This is completely pointless.

On a related note, I can’t believe that despite the fact that I’ve been subscribed to FDL for however long, this post is what causes me to create an account so I can make this post.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:06 pm 104
In response to rxbusa @ 76

Margot | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:07 pm 105

I have to fly this summer. I’m thinking of humming this tune.

sadlyyes | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:07 pm 106
In response to ratfood @ 78

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:07 pm 107
In response to BargainCountertenor @ 99

Karl Rove Civil ask Jon McCain about Karl spreading the rumor his step daughter was really his bastard.
A teen age girl Civil when pissed off Bwahahaha!
I intend to enjoy this:)
It must really hurt Karl given all he has done for to Gays. To be called one publicly by a GOP kid.
That must have hurt more than anything we have ever thrown at him and I was here in the morning when Karl resigned 5, 6 am I think we had over 400 comments full of best wishes for Karl./s

Suzanne | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:07 pm 108
In response to thejoker101 @ 103

welcome!!!

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:07 pm 109
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 100

If we had the flying cars I was promised as a kid we wouldn’t need all this freaking airport security.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:08 pm 110
In response to ratfood @ 109

Where’s my winged unicorn!?

cbl | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:09 pm 111
In response to ratfood @ 101

the audience/folks at home vote ?

like the crap they are doing with Digg again ?

I don’t know how well this is going to go over with her ‘base’, but bet the rent the Focus on the Family ladies aren’t gonna like it one bit

sadlyyes | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:09 pm 112
In response to Margot @ 105

good one,ha

Suzanne | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:09 pm 113
In response to Margot @ 105

hahahahaha

sadlyyes | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:11 pm 114

past beddy time gnite all

Suzanne | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:11 pm 115

g’nite sadley

AitchD | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:12 pm 116
In response to ratfood @ 109

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:12 pm 117

Last seen flying over Wasilla, I’m afraid. Should have logged a different flight path with wolves now in such short supply.

DrDick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:12 pm 118

Time for me to toddle off. Take care all.

Suzanne | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:14 pm 119

g’nite dr dick

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:14 pm 120

Good night Dr. D.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:14 pm 121
In response to sadlyyes @ 106

I speak English very well, I learn it from a BOOOOK!

Nite sadly, nite DrDick.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:14 pm 122
In response to ChristineEdmonson @ 82

Maybe ask the TSA person who checks your ID and boarding pass at the front of the line if they’ve tried both, and which they recommend!

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:15 pm 123
In response to ratfood @ 102

I have a theory about dancing and comedy and people without souls and passion being unable to do either.
But on dancing I am not an expert. I have not seen her dance and do not know if she is a GOPer like her mom but if she dances bad either she is not practicing or she has never really been in love.
Love being comfortable to express it publicly by dancing or to look at yourself and another honestly but still love the person despite that without lying to much to yourself makes for the personal introspection comedy needs.
For Bristol’s sake I hope she just needs more practice.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:16 pm 124
In response to AitchD @ 116

I like it. Threading the trees to land in my driveway is certainly going to be exciting.

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:17 pm 125
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 123

Bristol is wooden. She has no passion. She just does her mama’s bidding. And she’ll win because of the tea-votes. And DWTS will be done in. Ridiculous.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:19 pm 126
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 123

My upper and lower body don’t synch but Bob doesn’t appear to mind, he still dances with me.

Time for me to head out, splendid evening to all.

Suzanne | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:20 pm 127

g’nite ratty

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:20 pm 128
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 123

Dancing is music is dance… you have to have a sense of rhythm and timing. Listening to Bible Spice/Caribou Barbie speak, I don’t have any sense that she has a sense of rhythm. Tina Fey did Palin better than Palin did.

Kelly, feel free to chime in here.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:21 pm 129
In response to Dearie @ 125

No Passion no Soul then my theory might apply if I knew she really believed her Mom’s politics kids have been known to say stuff just to please their Mom.
Where can I find dancing GOPers or GOPers trying to be funny so I can test my theory?

Teddy Partridge | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:22 pm 130

These little monsters need a hate speech lecture from Dan Savage.

Now.

What awful little girls they are. Not at all surprising, though.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:22 pm 131
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 129

Tom DeLay was on DwtStars a year or two ago.

I don’t watch the show, but I saw some clips. He was dreadful.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:23 pm 132

Dancing is music is dance… you have to have a sense of rhythm and timing.

You have to listen to your own heart beat and if you have a partner their heart beat but selfish Authoritarian types don’t hear their own hearts.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:26 pm 133
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 132

rhythm and timing

Heartbeats listening to them maybe why we used to think hearts caused emotion GOPers being selfish don’t realize by being selfish they restrict happiness.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:26 pm 134
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 132

Can you hear what you don’t have?

Didn’t we learn about that when Cheney had to have an LVAD implanted?

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:27 pm 135

Fine my theory states the obvious but it still needed to be said:)

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:27 pm 136

One of the finest pianists I ever met was a soul-less bastard. He was a terrific artist though. Had all kinds of talent, and his performances were just fantastic.

People make a mistake thinking a great performer is a great person, and a mediocre performer is a mediocre person, in my opinion.

A good person makes a good person.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:30 pm 137
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 136

Great performers can be great people or they can be assholes.

I don’t much like working the assholes. I love working with good people — the sort who make everyone around them better.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:31 pm 138
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 136

Amen!

(Side bar: I know a soulless piano player as well…hmmm)

AitchD | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:31 pm 139
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 129

George Murphy was quite the hoofer before he was a US Senator, and Arlen Specter was very very funny before he became a Democrat.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:31 pm 140
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 136

You can be a tortured artist and produce great stuff. You can be a jerk because your tortured and the pain drives you to create.
But you can’t create without passion even if your passion is only pain.
Men in hell dream of heaven, men going to limbo never found meaning never even glimpsed heaven.

tearloch7 | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:33 pm 141
In response to Margot @ 105

Hahaha.. shades of Gypsy Rose … swing yer purse like a boa, mama ….

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:34 pm 142
In response to AitchD @ 139

Thanks but were they MModerate GOPers or Newt,Rove Sarah level winner take all truth be dammed GOPers?
I should have made that more clear my bad. Its just I haven’t seen Moderate GOPers with a spine in years.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:35 pm 143

Rachel is saying that the RNC is -$15M, and more usually at this point in the election cycle the RNC is +$3-5M.

This uncivil war could get very interesting.

AitchD | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:37 pm 144
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 142

Murphy was hardcore far right. Specter was just very very funny.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:38 pm 145
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 136

For many years I avoided learning about the personal lives of artists whose work I enjoyed. If I found out they were evil bastards who treated others like shit it lessened my appreciation of their work.

I think now that I’m older I’ve just accepted that humans are complex and great artists don’t have to be nice people. I simply enjoy the work on it’s respective merit.

Good thing too, or I’d never be able to watch Wheel knowing Pat Sajak is a Republican… “g”

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:38 pm 146
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 140

Nope. Think athletes.

Their drive is to win. That’s it. There’s no nobility there. And there are tons of performers out there like that.

BargainCountertenor | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:38 pm 147

Good night, ‘pups.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:38 pm 148
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 92

Bristol is riding on her mom’s coattails. Demeans the whole art/sport of ballroom dancing and reduces it to a mere popularity contest.

affinis | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:39 pm 149

I think there’s actually a big difference between Willow’s “Sorry that you guys are all jealous of my families success and you guys aren’t goin to go anywhere with your lives.” versus “Did she express surprise that he could afford cable?” (or snark about a grammatical error). The former retort would be acceptable in my community/class of origin, while the latter would be typical of my current environment (ivory tower, with population of predominantly upper middle class origin). The distinction might seem subtle, but it’s not experienced as such (i.e. latter would be experienced as snotty/privileged).

tearloch7 | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:39 pm 150

I watched that entire video without losing my supper .. thank goodness for an over-developed gag reflex .. do people really watch that stuff all the time?? .. my God, that is just too sad ..

Suzanne | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:39 pm 151

g’nite bct

AitchD | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:40 pm 152

In one of his stories or essays about writing Andre Dubus says that men use the dance to say what their tongue-tied lips can’t quite handle.

greenwarrior | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:40 pm 153

You will get it when pigs fly.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:41 pm 154
In response to AitchD @ 144

OK its not a perfect theory its more a general rule of thumb with some exceptions identifying the why of the exceptions would be interesting.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:45 pm 155
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 146

Ah but would they cheat to win? To be the best fine even if it means your a jerk to everyone shows Passion I agree no nobility but is the desire to be the best greater than the desire to win at all costs?
Maybe thats one of the exceptions I need for my theory.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:46 pm 156

Nitey nite, bct

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:46 pm 157

The way I hear it she reduces it to comedy at her own expense, the fact she is winning demeans her Mom’s supporters.

AitchD | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:47 pm 158
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 154

Just call it a hypothesis instead of a theory.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:47 pm 159
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 155

You are not getting it.

Having Talent Does Not Make You A Good Person.

It just makes you talented, and that’s all.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:50 pm 160
In response to affinis @ 149

You think Willow had help writing her tweet? Facts seem to fit ET has a theory about Sarah’s tweets and bad grammar, facts, fancy words.
Bad grammar, rambling with no point or ideas its Sarah. Grammar a point and facts well GOP facts its someone else tweeting under her name.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:52 pm 161
In response to AitchD @ 152

We are only tongue tied when we really care about who we dance with but are not yet comfortable talking the Lizard brain then takes over thankfully.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:55 pm 162
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 159

Having Talent Does Not Make You A Good Person.

It just makes you talented, and that’s all.

Never said it makes you a good person but passionate and creative assuming you create new pieces then yes.
You can be evil in a different way than GOPers without passion and creativity.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:55 pm 163
In response to affinis @ 149

I guess you don’t read a lot of flames? Flaming someone byreacting to their grammar or spelling is considered to be the lowest and least clever way of flaming.

Grammar, looks, orientation/sexual behavior and finances are the often the go-to points. And since there were overweight/appearance flames in Willow and Bristol’s remarks, I couldn’t use those as examples of inane and ridiculous things people say online.

Humor is subjective. Flaming is just a way to feed the trolls.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:56 pm 164
In response to AitchD @ 158

Thanks will try and remember but its getting late Bye :)

affinis | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:56 pm 165
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 160

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Sarah had help writing some of her tweets (but probably not Willow).

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:57 pm 166
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 123

She has gotten a little better but pretty much she just does basic steps. He partner works hard ot make her look good.

DWTS is a farce now. David Hasselhoff was WAY better than BP. So was La Cho!

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:58 pm 167
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 162

Pete Peterson is passionate and creative about slashing Social Security.

That’s his passion and talent. And he’s been very good at it, as he’s about to achieve his goal.

That doesn’t square with what you’ve said.

Dearie | Tuesday November 16, 2010 09:58 pm 168

Bristol hasn’t danced the dance. Everyone else has toned up, lost weight, shaped up. She’s as chunky as ever….or moreso. The whole thing is a fool’s game. And it’s now down to Brandy & Bristol…..and Brandy got tossed. What a joke. Bristol will go on to win this silly show based on the telephone capacity of the wingers.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 10:02 pm 169
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 157

The songs chosen for her are kinda cruel. “Momma Told Me Not to Come”? Can’t Hurry Love”? etc.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 10:03 pm 170

Have a great night! Time for my nap.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 10:04 pm 171
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 167

If you have to lie to make your case thats not creativity unless its a good lie notice how easy it is for anyone at the Lake with 5 minutes of google to shoot down his lies?
True Passion would mean well better lies think about the lies told in a bad relationship where 2 people still love each other but don’t love each other enough not to hurt each other.
That in my experience has been some creative lying. GOPers lie like they don’t care about getting caught.

ratfood | Tuesday November 16, 2010 10:06 pm 172

When they gave Bristol that orchestral number lacking an easily discerned beat last night I thought she’d unravel but her partner managed to drag her around the floor more or less in time… as has been the case all season.

AitchD | Tuesday November 16, 2010 10:06 pm 173
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 164

A pleasure for sure. It’s something Arlen would say (and probably has said about his Single-Bullet Theory). Bye!

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 10:07 pm 174

The Righty blogs have not noticed just how cruel that is yet I take it? Otherwise there would be a fire storm the Righty Blogs have gone nuts for much less.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday November 16, 2010 10:09 pm 175

Again bye serious this time:)

AitchD | Tuesday November 16, 2010 10:13 pm 176

“Your grammar leaves something to be desired. No offense intended.”

“None took.”

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday November 16, 2010 10:17 pm 177
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 174

It’s kinda like mocking her persona a little too broadly.

patrickhenrypress | Tuesday November 16, 2010 11:35 pm 178

I was reading comments back up the page on the radiation/groping option at the airport and the attitudes of the screeners and other authority figures and it was as if I was an undergrad again, back at SJSU. I can imagine my poli sci professor leaning forward, peering over the lectern and smiling wryly.

“In what ways would the behavior of prison guards with inmates at a security gate differ from the behavior of airport screeners with passengers at the point of entry? If you agree there are more similarities than differences, why would they believe travelers are no different from the incarcerated and should be treated accordingly?”

We’re being conditioned by our wardens. Why are traveling Americans treated as if they were inmates with no rights? Why does the Constitution now cease to apply wherever the federal government operates?

Why are we even discussing current events as if the Constitution was the law of the land? It hasn’t been for the federal government since the passage of the pre-written manual of enslavement (the Patriot Act). I submit the entirety of the government’s misbehavior since then can be summed up simply by noting that the federal government no longer operates under the Constitution of the United States of America and is therefore an occupying power.

The TSA couldn’t care less if you don’t like scans or groping. Of course the barbed wire faces inward. It isn’t that there are no terrorists. It’s that we are the ones the government actually fears, not them.

Whose snail mail do they read?
Whose email do they read?
Whose cell phone conversations do they listen to?
Whose homes are broken into to plant bugging devices?
Whose civil rights have been taken from them?

Got a complaint? Keep it to yourself unless you’re within the limits of a federally designated free speech zone, inmate.

Who is the war on terror against, again?

Cellar47 | Wednesday November 17, 2010 06:15 am 179

She’s her mother’s daughter.

Meanwhile on “Dancing with the Has-Beens” her sister Bristol is poised to win — despite a total absence of dancing skills.

edur | Wednesday November 17, 2010 06:34 am 180

NAM US ALL!

brainyblond | Wednesday November 17, 2010 06:46 am 181
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 9

LoL…who will style her hair, design her clothes, cook her gourmet meals? The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…and stupidity is congenital.

tanbark | Wednesday November 17, 2010 08:27 am 182

I read most of the…uhhh…dialogue with the “friends of Willow.

:o)

It was some high-grade (low-grade?) teeny-bop pottymouth. :o)

I can only guess what Palin’s bible-zombie buds at her old church in Wasilla, not to mention the new ones all across amurka, thought of all the “STFU!” and “quit talking shit about my family” and “assholes like you” that went on. And on. And on. :o)

Is Willow too young to go on Glenn Beck? :o)

tanbark | Wednesday November 17, 2010 08:29 am 183

“None took.”

:o) :o) :o)

Good thing I saran-wrap my keyboard when I walk in the FDL door.

:o)

tanbark | Wednesday November 17, 2010 08:36 am 184

Ditto: “Momma told me not to come.” and “Can’t hurry love.”

Are y’all havin’ fun yet? I sure am. :o)

Poor Willow, grounded.

Sarah won’t let her within 30 feet of a computer for months. :o)

OTOH, there’s some truth to the old saying “All publicity is good publicity.”

The flat-earth-snake-twirlers-r-us folks love Palin so much that we start seeing tea party signs saying:

“Jesus LOVED saying shit-fuck-and-piss!” :o)

Starbuck | Wednesday November 17, 2010 09:22 am 185
In response to patrickhenrypress @ 178

Marvelous observations, and ones that deserve wider coverage.

I happened to click on his name and he has his own blog.

paz3 | Wednesday November 17, 2010 10:14 am 186
In response to affinis @ 49

BTW – I really don’t mean to offend you Lisa. But this just bothers me.

I also came from a working class, or, as some might call it, lower middle class background. Even though many Fire Pups criticise the President for being aloof (and thus ineffective), so many here act as if they think that they are all that, and that is sooo alienating. One with such an attitude can never claim to have any sort of a grip on common sense (the very term “common sense” is anathema to smug elitism), and I’ll bet that the independents who evidently just voted to throw Democrats out identify with those who can use the term “common sense” with some sense of understanding of what it may mean.

I’m afraid that I just don’t understand where this progressive elitism comes from. In fact, “progressive elitism” as a political term seems like an oxymoron>