Late Night: Chuck Norris Pimps His Book as Jesus’ Birthday Gift to the Nation

chuck-norris-action-jeans

God rest ye Total Gym sales hack/Let nothing you dismay/Remember retail therapy is our good country’s way/You hype your tome/Into our home/For Jesus’ birthday…

What President Obama, like many other far-left politicians, needs is a paradigm shift — a new way of seeing America, which is really an old way. It’s the way our Founders viewed America, and it incorporates a good ol’-fashioned Christmas proclamation of Christ’s birth. That America is the one I outline in the new (January 2010) paperback expansion of my New York Times best-seller “Black Belt Patriotism,” which is ironically the same Christmas gift I’m sending to the president!

Oh you’re gonna love “Awry in the Manger,” Chuck Norris’ latest essay in cultural groin kicks wherein he wrings his manly hands about

Obamacare’s incorporation to use federal funds to pay for abortion and thereby step on and force people of conscience who are pro-life to pay via their taxes for the terminations of life in the womb across the country. (What a tragedy to pass such legislation in the shadow of the day when we celebrate the birth of the world’s savior, Jesus Christ.)

and frets that Obama’s

yuletide cheer [will] be another politically correct concoction, adding to the ones that already have adorned the first year of his presidency

(Note to Chuck, that’s an odd use of to “yule” the pre-Christian celebration on the longest night of the year, the winter solstice, where pagans did–and still do–welcome back the sun, represented as a child, with gift giving, decorated evergreen trees and singing; in order to stick with the Christian theme maybe “Christmas” would have been a better choice, because you don’t want to like give heathens any credence, so to speak)

Chuck is convinced that Obama is selling us out to Islam since POTUS

publicly declared in Turkey on April 6 for the whole world to hear: “We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation.”…President Obama has sympathized and supported Muslims and Islamic theology, practice and culture

and

every time President Obama has had an opportunity to stand up for Christianity in any way, he has not only denied it but also disdained it.

Well, Jesus disdained the prevailing religions of his times, too.

134 Responses to "Late Night: Chuck Norris Pimps His Book as Jesus’ Birthday Gift to the Nation"
Suzanne | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:04 pm 1

hahahahah they won’t bind your legs — what a great picture lisa

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:05 pm 2

Is Chuck norris the biggest conservative asshat, or just a mid-level clown?

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:05 pm 3

Oh Yeah Chuck?

I have a book gift for you too. Be right back.

Suzanne | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:06 pm 4

he’s a maroose who dreams of being an asshat but can’t even make clown.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:06 pm 5

Chuck Norris binds minds…luckily I doubt he can bend then.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:07 pm 6
In response to Suzanne @ 1

Back when I was in martial arts they taught us that the best defense against a high kick like that was to drop down and kick up at the crotch. This kicks for you, Chuck.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:09 pm 7

The new (January 2010) paperback expansion of my New York Times best-seller “Black Belt Patriotism,” which is ironically the same Christmas gift I’m sending to the president!

Chuck Norris doesn’t actually write books, the words assemble themselves out of fear.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:10 pm 8
In response to Suzanne @ 4

Most conservative spokes-holes don’t believe the crap they spew. I think Chuck actually believes what he says. Dumber than the average bear.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:10 pm 9

Every time Chuck Norris says “Christian” an angel roundhouse kicks its way out of Heaven

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:10 pm 10

Too bad that the Rabbi Yeshua was actually born sometime in the spring and the date shifted by the church to encourage conversions by Roman and German pagans who were really attached to their midwinter celebrations.

I would also like to quote the good rabbi on a couple of points:
“Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s and unto God that which is God’s”

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men.”

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:11 pm 11

Sort of a third tier ass clown.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:13 pm 12

The pagan tomfoolery of saturnalia was seen in merry Olde England for centuries–the King for a Day, where a servant would switch witht master/king and give out silly rules is abut the new God replacing the old…

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:13 pm 13

Actually, every time he says that, an archangel drop kicks baby Jeebus through the goal posts of life.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:14 pm 14

and circa 600 CE, in Constantinople, the bishops were appalled by gangs of children going door to door singng, who couldnt be shut up until they were given coins and candy–while it sounds like trick or treat it was Xmas eve–actually most of Advent!

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:16 pm 15

One of my friends commented elsewhere that Santa winking is actually one-eyed Odin…

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:16 pm 16

‘Cept when they tuck him under an arm and try for a 2-point conversion.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:18 pm 17
In response to ratfood @ 16

Is just atheist to Christian worth 2 pts, or any conversion?

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:19 pm 18

The Odin cult was seriously kinky. Incorporated large elements of Siberian Shamanism (probably from the Sammi), required the priests to cross dress and submit to sodomy during certain rituals, and of course incorporated everybody’s favorite neighbors, the Berserkers.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:19 pm 19

Chuckie we are pissed because we don’t think abortion will be covered. Also how many prolife red states get more money from the federal government than they pay in taxes? And if we include the cost of a failed war for oil then Texas and Alaska join the list too!

transparait | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:19 pm 20

Those are the karate jeans that have a gusset in the crotch so you can kick in them.

transparait | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:20 pm 21

I really wanted some when I was 12. Ah well.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:21 pm 22

Nah, the 2 point conversion is when you convert a Catholic or Mormon to Real (Evangelical) Christianity. Convert an atheist or a heathen and you score a touch down.

Loo Hoo. | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:22 pm 23

Apparently he wants to be the next religious leader. I understand there’s a lot of money in that.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:23 pm 24

lol! The significance of “conversion” hadn’t occurred to me.

I have a holy-roller cousin who believes most Christians require conversion. Not even good enough to be born-again, you have to be his specific variety of born-again… whatever that is, I tried to avoid hearing details.

Walks around assuming everybody he sees is going to spend eternity in Hell. I couldn’t live like that.

Loo Hoo. | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:23 pm 25
In response to ratfood @ 6

HA!

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:23 pm 26

So this yr for Hexmess, I have been invited ot a dimsum brunch, followed by a choice of evening events; the Annual Loser Dec 25th party whihc has been going on for about 30 yrs now, held by a record company exec; a playwright/producer/hipster “Jewmas” Chinese meal followed by sort sort of silliness–one year it was trip to the oldest/only extant gay piano bar in LA, another year it was a strip club, I passed on the after-festivities; an open house with board games and food; and cocktails at the Biltmore…It’s a sort of secret holiday of non-family inclined/re-tribalizing

ryanpitylak | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:23 pm 27

You have to give it to him. He’s getting every ounce of value out of “his” brand.

Ryan Pitylak

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:23 pm 28

I wonder if Chuck is broke and is going all right wingy because he needs the money?

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:24 pm 29
In response to Loo Hoo. @ 23

Ask Oral Roberts.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:25 pm 30
In response to ratfood @ 24

River baptized, I suspect. Them is the serious evangelical/fundamentalist/pentacostal folks.

Suzanne | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:26 pm 31
In response to ryanpitylak @ 27

hey ryan — you can put your homepage url in your profile — that way folks can get there by just clicking on your name (see mine for example) and you don’t have to tag your comments with your site link

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:28 pm 32

He didn’t get the 8 million in protection money he asked for back in the ’80s and still didn’t go flyin’ up to hebbin’. I can’t buy into a deity who breaks a promise like that.

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:28 pm 33

God rest ye merry, gentlemen
Let nothing you dismay
 Remember,
Christ, our Saviour
Was born on Christmas day

To save us all from Satan’s power
 When we were gone astray

O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy

O tidings of comfort and joy

In Bethlehem, in Israel,

My bold
Merry Gentlemen Rest don’t get Dismayed (Angry)
Its Christmas the phrase To save us all from Satan’s power suggests reminding the evil gods Christmas means today you can’t hurt us?

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:29 pm 34

I was so weirded out in high school, circa punk rock’s beginnings reading the college guides–for some reason my all-girls non religious school had been sent a guide to Oral Roberts’ college/university and the student rules were soooo extreme. Like no members of the opposite sex could visit the dorms, there was a dress code, chapel was required…here we were reading Eldridge cleaver’s Sould on Ice, Freud’s totem and taboo, watchin “The Beguiled” as class assignments–and this insane college thought someone from one of the City of Fallen Angels’ most respected and opne minded girls’ school would want to go to THERE? What a waste of postage!

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:29 pm 35

This pretty much describes them.

hackworth1 | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:31 pm 36

Dear Repentant Whoremonger Chuck – Sire of Bastards,

When should all non believers be shunned and/or purged from our Christian Nation?

love, brother hack

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:31 pm 37

I grew up about 40-50 miles north of Tulsa in the 50s and 60s and ORU was always a source of dismay and delight. We always called him Anal when I was in high school.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:32 pm 38
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 33

Nothing will negatively affect (dismay) you..

“when we were gone astray” going back as far as the Garden of Eden.

OH Shamelss plug for Monday 12/28 Movie Night “Waiting for Armageddon” a look at Evangelicals and their obsession wiht Israel.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:33 pm 39

Movie Night is every Monday fomr 5 to 6:30 pm west coast time &I am the regular hostess, so if you cna;t wait til Tuesday to read my tpyos, come on by!

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:33 pm 40

God rest ye merry, gentlemen

Let nothing you dismay

Remember,
Christ, our Saviour
Was born on Christmas day

To save us all from Satan’s power
 When we were gone astray

O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
 O tidings of comfort and joy

In Bethlehem, in Israel,

Just who do have to invite to rest and remind not to get angry at Christmas? Besides Chuck Norris and Glen Beck?
The term Merry Gentlemen reminds me of the phrase Kindly Ones…the Furies! Many things in myth have a male or female counter part Merry Gentlemen sounds like Kindly Ones especially when you consider the nervous chanting that God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen almost like you don’t want them to wake up?

Loo Hoo. | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:35 pm 41

Sounds good.

Suzanne | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:36 pm 42

hehehehe i can read your typos just fine lisa — even that one (laughing) of course i make more than my share of themm myuself

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:37 pm 43
In response to hackworth1 @ 36

If everyone who wasn’t Christian was expelled from the US, it’d be a barren wasteland–who would like, do stuff, run stuff, make things work, make art, grow pot (in California that’s a healthy cash infusion), etc…I don’t think there are enough Christians to do everything, even with their massive breeding program they have going on (see duggars, et al).

I am fairly over fundie Christians by a long shot

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:40 pm 44

From Chuck Norris Facts

On his birthday, Chuck Norris randomly selects one lucky child to be thrown into the sun

Sounds suspiciously PAGAN to me….

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:40 pm 45

Nothing will negatively affect (dismay) you..

Sure if your a Merry Gentleman the movie sounds interesting but why focus on the end of it all when there is so much good we all can do but don’t?
If I believed the end was really coming would I not give all my goods to the poor now rather than scream for war, vote GOP and buy guns?
Yes I know logic the bible and religion don’t mix with crazy.

transparait | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:41 pm 46

…as Captain America woud.

jwill5587 | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:42 pm 47

I used to be the first one to jump to Obama’s defense against these kinds of attacks but after he’s sold us out, I really don’t give a shit.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:46 pm 48

A HAH! Found it!

Lisa, have you read this book? The Last Western, by Thomas Klise?

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:47 pm 49

My family stopped to tour the ORU campus on our way to New Mexico when I was a kid. At the time my mom kinda thought he was a groovy guy. She outgrew it, fortunately. Went up in the prayer tower and everything. The tower musta been defective ’cause here I am, still a heathen.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:47 pm 50
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 48

No I haven’t….do tell!

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:49 pm 51
In response to jwill5587 @ 47

And this would have been cool if he hadn’t sold us out

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:49 pm 52
In response to ratfood @ 49

Yeah, the aura didn’t do anything for me either.

CTuttle | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:50 pm 53

Apparently, Chuckie has never read any of those Deist scribblings which comprise the Federalist papers…! Those Founding Fathers musta been wrong after all…! ;-)

ThingsComeUndone | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:50 pm 54

It’s widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris’ stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris’ skin.

You don’t have to be a christian to find this offensive.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:51 pm 55

I have a nurse friend who told me how the gastroenterology and ears, nose, and throat departments at the clinic she worked in would throw a joint Christmas party every year… just so they could call it the oral-anal party.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:52 pm 56
In response to ratfood @ 55

LOL!

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:55 pm 57

It’s a crazy story. About a multi-racial kid who becomes a baseball star, who becomes THE POPE!

The Vatican hates him, and the Vatican, along with other allied forces, ultimately kills him.

Why?, you ask…

Well because he just didn’t understand “politics.”

That’s too simplistic of a synopsis, but more telling, the book has been on the Catholic Churches infamous “Index” and is very difficult to get anymore. I haven’t seen a physical hard copy in over 10 years now.

But it’s well worth reading. The copy I had I passed to a Jesuit about 20 years ago, and he totally left the jebbies. Along with my copy, dammit.

But the descriptions of what the Right Wing does to co-opt religion was beyond fascinating, and in my memory, chilling, to what is actually happening now with teh Dominionists.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 08:59 pm 58
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 57

In fact the book was so detailed, in the section where the Wingers were co-opting everything, it was because when they were speaking in tongues, it was understood to be the “Language of The Birds.”

You know, the First Language. Before Babel.

It was truly a masterful book.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:00 pm 59

Okay, I put in the link, but here it is again THIS would have been cool if POTUS hadnt sold us out

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:00 pm 60
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 57

I remember from watching DS9 that the Dominionists were bad guys. Shape-shifters too, IIRC.

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:01 pm 61
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 57

ABE.com is an awesome way to find old, out of print whatever books. I love it–dealers from all over the world!

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:02 pm 62

He’s such a card… (retch)

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:02 pm 63
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 57

Personally, this is my favorite book on Christianity.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:03 pm 64

I love pricing first editions I couldn’t afford in a million years. Fitzgerald signed Gatsbys and the like.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:04 pm 65

The Life of Brian is my favorite movie on the topic.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:04 pm 66

Alibris is really good as well, though mostly just US and some Canadian booksellers.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:04 pm 67
In response to ratfood @ 65

Very similar treatments.

CTuttle | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:07 pm 68
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 57

Upton Sinclair nailed it way back in the 20′s…

The supreme crime of the church to-day is that everywhere and in all its operations and influences it is on the side of sloth of mind; that it banishes brains, it sanctifies stupidity, it canonizes incompetence.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:09 pm 69

One of the best movie endings ever.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:10 pm 70
In response to CTuttle @ 68

Or as Uncle Karl said:

Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:10 pm 71

This is what completely fascinates me:

If you had on Al Jazeera a guy named Issua ibn Iussuf, who was pissed off about ill treatment of people in his hometown, our government would flip out and raise the terrorist alert.

That’s Jesus’ name in Arabic.

jwill5587 | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:13 pm 72

I’m not gonna lie when I was nine years old I had my own copy of The Delta Force!

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:14 pm 73
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 71

I think most winguts would freak over a guy named Yeshua bar Yosef (bar El, if you must) or Yeshua al Nazarat, which is how the good rabbi was actually known.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:15 pm 74

It’s undeserved comparisons like that which give opiates a bad name.

CTuttle | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:16 pm 75

Heh…

…The American People will take Socialism, but they won’t take the label. I certainly proved it in the case of EPIC. Running on the Socialist ticket I got 60,000 votes, and running on the slogan to “End Poverty in California” I got 879,000. I think we simply have to recognize the fact that our enemies have succeeded in spreading the Big Lie. There is no use attacking it by a front attack, it is much better to out-flank them….

Upton Sinclair- Letter to Norman Thomas (25 September 1951)

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:17 pm 76

If he came back today and started stirring up trouble with the money-changers he’d be in deep trouble for sure.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:17 pm 77
In response to jwill5587 @ 72

I can honestly say that I have never seen a movie or TV show featuring Chuckles, except Return of the Dragon.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:18 pm 78

Right!

But that’s the same point.

A brown person, objecting to Imperial Terrorism, in his own cultural setting, happening in his homeland, would be/is completely rejected by our Media.

Our elites do not love them some Jesus. They love their power.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:19 pm 79
In response to ratfood @ 76

Yeah I don’t think folks would go for that whole “a rich man has as much chance of entering heaven as a camel of passing through the eye of a needle” stuff either.

transparait | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:19 pm 80

THE OCTAGON.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:20 pm 81
In response to ratfood @ 76

You cannot serve God and Mammon.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:20 pm 82

I’ve seen a few. It is a testament to the unfairness of life. Scores of good actors who never get a break and then Chuck, who is to acting what George Bush is to public speaking hits it big.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:21 pm 83

Urk! That was in response to Kelly at 78.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:21 pm 84

I’m certain fallacies like that will be corrected when the wingnut rewrite of the Bible is published.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:23 pm 85
In response to ratfood @ 82

The nice thing about the one I did see is that Bruce Lee totally kicks his low life gwai lo ass.

CTuttle | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:23 pm 86

Muhammad said much the same thing too…! It’s those durned Rabbis/Priests/Imams that have co-opted the true message…! ;-)

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:23 pm 87

You see, I think you can serve God and Mammon, just not in the same course.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:24 pm 88

Regardless of the God and Mammon thing, the bigger question is this:

Can we have Medieval superstitions governing our modern day problems?

I say the answer is unequivocally “No.”

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:24 pm 89
In response to CTuttle @ 86

It is one of those things that the leaders of most of the world religions have agreed on. That is that greed is a very bad thing and that rich people suck.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:25 pm 90

Even dubbed Bruce was a better actor than Chuck.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:25 pm 91
In response to ratfood @ 87

Well, not in a kosher household!

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:26 pm 92
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 88

See mine at 70. I am a follower of uncle Karl.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:27 pm 93
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 88

Ain’t holding my breath but we’ll have a gay president in this country before we elect an athiest.

Truthfully, I suspect the country will go belly up before either happens.

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:27 pm 94
In response to ratfood @ 90

Even dubbed Bruce was a better almost anything than Chuckles.

Margot | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:27 pm 95
In response to ratfood @ 55

Hahaha!

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:30 pm 96

Even deceased Bruce is a better almost anything than Chuckles.

Fixed it for ya.

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:32 pm 97
In response to Margot @ 95

(((Margot)))

Powering down, splendid evening to all.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:33 pm 98

I respect that, but I say we’re beyond that. Particularly within American bounds.

I believe people are rather about what they could DO rather than what they believe anymore. I just see much more “doing” than “believing” anymore.

For instance the tenor of the culture says a lot too. That “rapping” yanno, words, are more important than melody in terms of making music.

Suzanne | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:34 pm 99
In response to ratfood @ 97

g’nite rat (and any other leaving sleepyhead i may have missed)

Margot | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:34 pm 100
In response to ratfood @ 97

Nite Rat

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:34 pm 101
In response to ratfood @ 96

True dat. Especially smarter and more coherent (in English!).

DrDick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:35 pm 102
In response to ratfood @ 97

Night. Think I will toddle off as well. Take care all.

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:35 pm 103
In response to ratfood @ 93

You’re right. I don’t disagree with you for a nano second. I only have opinions.

Nighty night RF

Margot | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:35 pm 104

Nite Dr. Dick

ratfood | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:37 pm 105
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 98

The elevation of style over substance. Plus, listening to instrumental music requires more attention than most people can muster.

I attended a lot of concerts in my life, pretty much gave it up in the ’90s when it got so bad you could barely hear the performers over the audience chatting among themselves. S’okay, I’m a curmudgeon and PROUD of it. “g”

Suzanne | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:39 pm 106

g’nite dr (pause) dick

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:40 pm 107

night Dr Dick!

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:41 pm 108

And rat too, nighty night!

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:41 pm 109
In response to Suzanne @ 106

I was SO waiting for that!

It was tempting to steal your line, but only YOU can get away with that me darlin!

Good Night Montana! I kinda wish I was in WY or your spot!

Phoenix Woman | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:44 pm 110

Yeah. Midwinter is, even in the relatively-warm Levant, a sucky time to be born if you’re living in a world based largely on subsistence farming with some large plantations. Not much growing and it’s hard for mothers to feed themselves, much less eat enough to provide milk for any newborns.

I would also like to quote the good rabbi on a couple of points:
“Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s and unto God that which is God’s”

Yupper. Christ is explicit in several places that, contrary to past religious practice, his Kingdom is not of this earth. There is a sharp division between the temporal/mundane world and the spiritual world, and things in one world didn’t cross over into the other. (Ethical preachers and religious people understand and respect this; if they work for the government, they understand that they should render unto Uncle Sam that which is his while they’re on his clock, and not spend their working hours proselytizing.)

He wasn’t looking for temporal power, he was looking for people to live their lives on earth as preparations for the afterlife.

Suzanne | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:45 pm 111
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 109

comes from this ole tv show

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:46 pm 112
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 48

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:46 pm 113

Lisa Derrick, let me ask you something.

What is allowable debate in your mind, in terms of questioning religious beliefs?

Beliefs are beliefs; they’re not sacrosanct, really, if one doesn’t believe someone else’s beliefs.

So what’s fair game, and what’s not? In other words, how does one engage in belief debate without being rude?

CTuttle | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:47 pm 114

Aloha, Dr. D and RF…! ;-)

CTuttle | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:48 pm 115
In response to Suzanne @ 111

Aloha Suz…! Do you have tonite’s LLN already in the hopper…? ;-)

Suzanne | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:51 pm 116
In response to CTuttle @ 115

yup — i hope ya’ll like it when it goes up at 10

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:55 pm 117

woot Suzanne!

Suzanne | Tuesday December 22, 2009 09:59 pm 118

i love hosting late late night when you are the post ahead of me, lisa. you always have such lively and interesting threads and comments

Lisa Derrick | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:01 pm 119

Oh gy mod! It’s 10pm, NIGHTY NIGHT!! time to visit Suzanne!

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:03 pm 120

Hail Thor!!!! ;-)

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:07 pm 121

Thanks Lisa, I’m gonna ENJOY that one . . . hope to be here!!

*G*

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:08 pm 122

Almost Icaruaen . . .

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:10 pm 123
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 54

That’s good snark! What’s offensive about it!

Kelly Canfield | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:11 pm 124

Lisa, I hope you will read my email to you (to follow) at your contact page.

Perhaps we could carry on a dialogue via email. I’m no troll! [kelly1_canfield @ yahoo dot com]

The thing is I was trained in semitic languages as well as Greek and Latin. Family wanted me to be an RC priest but NOOO! I wouldn’t!

I’m far more comfortable as a Lounge Lizard. See here:

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:11 pm 125
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 57

That’s a lot of Michael Valentine Smith in that plot . . . . *G*

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:12 pm 126
In response to ratfood @ 60

DS9 and Babylon Five, two of the best on tv, ever.

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:21 pm 127
In response to ratfood @ 82

Yeah, but we have Bruce Li kicking his ass, don’t we . .

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:22 pm 128
In response to CTuttle @ 86

And Ali said the same thing, about Mo. *G*

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:23 pm 129
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 88

Then you are a witch!! He’s a witch! Burn him!

;-)

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:24 pm 130
In response to ratfood @ 93

Heh, all they have to do is turn us over and finish it.

Larue | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:28 pm 131
In response to Kelly Canfield @ 113

OUtside of dealing with cultural differences when in different countries, why would one WANT to?

researcher | Tuesday December 22, 2009 10:36 pm 132

was jesus a black belt

or a lamb

this guy knows nothing about the ministry of a person they the christians call a lamb

he loves capitalism and capitalism is about social darwinism survival of the fittest.

christianity died on the cross in america and I suspect in most of the world

the christian america.

mega profits off the sick and needy
wars for profits
two class society
corp fascism
the list is long

religious folks like this guy create a ton of atheists

who would want to belong to his religion?

who did jesus have the most problems with but him and the palins of the world

2000 years later and few very few understand what jesus taught or at least is given credit for teaching.

Maddy | Wednesday December 23, 2009 12:09 am 133

F/(k chuck
Or upchuck

He’s so late to the party
Going Rogue
Something’s Awry in The Manger

Wait….the visual!

Sorry about that

chitowner | Wednesday December 23, 2009 02:37 am 134

Thanks, Chuck, can’t accept the gift. I’ll take my democracy straight up and grounded in what’s good for all – and untainted by a particular religion. Stick to kick boxing in B movies and keep your religion to yourself. I’ll do the same and we’ll be fine.