Bomb Threat at Wasilla High

7289165_bg1.thumbnail.jpg1,200 students at Wasilla High School were in lock down this morning because of a bomb threat. They are now being sent home, per a phone call I had with school district spokeswoman Catherine Esary.

At 11:00 am Esary told the Anchorage Daily News

The lockdown resulted after two notes were discovered. The first, found by a librarian Wednesday night at a printer in the library, was a sheet of paper with the word "bomb" printed on it. The second note, which triggered the lockdown, was found this morning and had the word "bomb" and the time "1:30" printed on it. Esary said she believed the second note was also found on a library printer.

La Figa (um, tis I) just spoke with Ms. Esary who said the bomb sniffing dogs were almost done sweeping all the buildings and nothing had been found. She also told me that after she emailed parents about the situation, many parents had come to pick up their children. She was just preparing an email for all parents, school principal Dwight Probasco saying that the students were being sent home by bus as:

We have already lost so much of the instructional day.

When asked if the message left on the library printer could be traced to a computer and/or a specific student, Ms Esary told me that the school’s

MIS department was tracking which computer was sourced

and that they should be able to find out more information.

11 Responses to "Bomb Threat at Wasilla High"
ThingsComeUndone | Thursday January 8, 2009 02:03 pm 1

Was this some kid who doesn’t like school? Or was it a political opportunity for Sarah? If Sarah uses this as a opportunity to get on the news and decry lefty terrorists then Ill lean to the later.

macaquerman | Thursday January 8, 2009 02:38 pm 2

Any word as to whether the bomb sniffing dogs left anything behind?

MrsTarquinBiscuitbarrel | Thursday January 8, 2009 02:47 pm 3

Track Palin and three of his friends managed to shut down Wasilla schools on a day when, y’know, they just didn’t feel like goin’. They opened the tire valves and disconnected the engine heating blocks on a number of city school buses, and hey presto, no school. that’s why Track joined the Army–it was that or jail, in the time-not-so-honored tradition! His parents must be so proud.

ThingsComeUndone | Thursday January 8, 2009 02:51 pm 4

Got a link? I don’t doubt you if you don’t this is the kind of stuff that gets covered up. Still a link would be nice. Did Sarah ever pay for the damage her kid caused?

ThingsComeUndone | Thursday January 8, 2009 02:59 pm 5

What no comment from Sarah about the values of Real America.
ET gave me this link seems Sarah’s church is worried about Python Spirits sha na na! (or whatever that preacher is mumbling).
On second thought he seems to be chanting in a foreign language chanting a spell perhaps?
Witches, terrorists, Oxycontin moms, and Teen moms all from the biggest Meth town in Alaska.
And they say Chicago is bad Hey Sex and Cash describe our crimes Wasillia is Senseless Crime.

KayInMaine | Thursday January 8, 2009 03:05 pm 6

It was either that or Track couldn’t keep his hands off his sister Bristol…remember Trig born last spring!!!?!! *slapping hand across my mouth* Did I just say that aloud? Oh my. And no, TCU, I don’t have a link. LOL ;-)

EdwardTeller | Thursday January 8, 2009 03:20 pm 7

Sorry, Lisa, but this is sort of a BS story. Wasilla, Colony an Palmer High Schools all seem to get something like this about once every year or so. Dwight Probasco is a good friend of mine. I taught an evening course at WHS for 14 years.

hy is this even up here?

darkblack | Thursday January 8, 2009 03:26 pm 8

In my day, we just skipped out and smoked up – these kids today!

;>)

Cellar47 | Thursday January 8, 2009 04:14 pm 9

TheKenoshaKid | Thursday January 8, 2009 04:47 pm 10

The first, found by a librarian Wednesday night at a printer in the library, was a sheet of paper with the word “bomb” printed on it.

U get da new Ludacris cd? That shits da bomb!!

caia | Thursday January 8, 2009 06:41 pm 11

First instinct: *shrug*

Stuff like this used to happen in my town all the time. Some kid would try calling in a bomb threat… sometimes from the pay phone inside the school. It was always just a ploy to get out of classes.

I suppose there’s less likelihood of them being lackadaisical in this day and age, but unless there actually was a bomb, I don’t see why this is anything other than a local story on page C3.