Drop-Outs? Palin’s Corresponding Spins

alaska-palin15_08-15-2008_dre1fm8.thumbnail.jpgFour days have passed since the birth of her first grandchild, and Gov GILF has yet to issue a formal statement about the blessed event or casually comment on the arrival of Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. Yet she jumps up and calls People Magazine, leaving a phone message about Bristol and Levi’s educational standing:

You need to know that both Levi and Bristol are working their butts off to parent and going to school and working at the same time.They are certainly not high school dropouts.

People further reports that the Frost Lady of Alaska:

wanted to be clear about their continuing work toward high school degrees because any suggestion otherwise "harms Bristol’s reputation and Levi’s reputation and their chances for good work opportunities."

Kinda veiled threaty, dotcha think? And so weirdly illogical, jobwise, since either a job requires a a certain degree or it doesn’t. Maybe Palin is concerned about her own reputation and "chances for good work opportunities."

Levi–who told the AP in October he had left high school (that would be "dropped out" in the vernacular) to apprentice as an oil field electrician–is now attending high school via correspondence courses,  according to what his potential future mother-in-law told the Associated Press today.  She also explained that Bristol is enrolled in regular high school and has taken correspondence courses in the past.

And no mention of  her feelings about the birth of her grandchild. Which sorta explains how she’s feeling.

7 Responses to "Drop-Outs? Palin’s Corresponding Spins"
bonkers | Wednesday December 31, 2008 11:37 pm 1

As a parent, I find Sayrah’s treatment of her kids, or lack thereof, truly disturbing. When she accepted the offer from CrazyTrain McCain, her oldest was about to ship off to Iraq. Her next oldest is several months pregnant at 17 and suspending high school studies. Next daughter is entering teenage years, which is challenging in and of itself, and there’s an even younger daughter. And to top it off, Sayrah herself (so they say) has a newborn with disabilities!

Jeezus H. Christ in a turkey slaughter tube! She then accepts perhaps THE most high profile job offer possible, knowing it’ll put her kids under an incredibly intense spotlight (won’t even get started about the Repub Convention freakshow). Oh, and kids, I’ll be gone for the next two months, so make sure you feed the cat…toodle-ooo!

Having made significant changes to my career, including a large pay cut, to do what’s best for my better half and kids, it’s very reasonable to expect Sayrah to say, “Golly John, I’m really flattered by your offer but this is a really difficult time for my family and they need me right now. I’m a young’in, so maybe next time we’ll be ready. Go git ‘em maverick!”

That’s what parents do. Considering that she has a huge fan base right now (sadly), the fact that she hasn’t released any sort of statement about her first grandchild’s birth sends chills down my spine. Sayrah is depraved IMHO.

ThingsComeUndone | Thursday January 1, 2009 01:04 am 2

Shouldn’t Sarah be working on getting her daughter married before she sells the photos? This just seems well Tacky this is pimping her grand kid.
When is Sarah going to pardon her daughters mother in law? I bet she could get her married then.

ThingsComeUndone | Thursday January 1, 2009 01:07 am 3

This argument about baby pictures and how Sarah has to sell them or the press will get them anyway and this way Sarah controls the message/gets paid. Well my question is Just how many press guys are stalking her in Alaska taking photos?

Millineryman | Thursday January 1, 2009 06:20 am 4

Wack a doodles.

Lisa Derrick | Thursday January 1, 2009 07:17 am 5
In response to ThingsComeUndone @ 3

In an earlier story here I made mention that the paparazzi shots of Bristoll and Tripp aren;t going to be worth very much, and unless alaska’s frost lady sits down for family pictures–maybe Gov GILF playing wiht Tripp, holding him while Bristol does her homework, etc, there’s not much value to them.

Palin is pissed because Bristol now 18 is a reflection of her. I sense she is trying on one hand to be a touch love mom, and on the other make sure HER reputation and public perception isn’t further damaged by her offspring…(the fruit of her parenting skills and values)

gbsavatar | Thursday January 1, 2009 07:46 am 6

“make sure HER reputation and public perception isn’t further damaged by her offspring…”

Gee, I think she fires another rocket into those every time she opens her mouth.

Happy New Year!

ThingsComeUndone | Thursday January 1, 2009 10:23 am 7

I read your story Lisa:) but someone I think it was Sarah did leak that the photos were going for $30,000 or was it $300,000. I endured watching the gossip news for the lake as a talking head explained why Sarah had to sell the pictures before the press got the pictures.
Yes it was a GOP meme and yes your story deflates it.
But I like to go a step further accept the other sides *falling down laughing * logic as true and then point out that even using their facts their ideas don’t fly.
The same theory works great in looking at GOP economic ideas:)